Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Filter/Pop Charger HP gains

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 03:21 PM
MyZ4U2C

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got mine from Avalonracing.com for $100 shipped a couple of months ago. I heard now they are $110 or something but still a great price.
Old 03-07-2004, 04:35 PM
Jax350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a Dyno somewhere else on this forum where someone swapped out a K&N drop in for a POP Charger, and there was only a 2hp gain. It seems to me like performance wise thats almost exactly the same.

I have a K&N drop in on the way and it seems like a great money saver to me. Considering that dyno evidence, it seems to me that any hp gain that people "feel" from going from a K&N to a JWT would be a delusion created from the added noise.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:57 AM
FairladyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Jax350z
I saw a Dyno somewhere else on this forum where someone swapped out a K&N drop in for a POP Charger, and there was only a 2hp gain. It seems to me like performance wise thats almost exactly the same.

I have a K&N drop in on the way and it seems like a great money saver to me. Considering that dyno evidence, it seems to me that any hp gain that people "feel" from going from a K&N to a JWT would be a delusion created from the added noise.
yes thank you. and hype!

Removing the sponge adds minimal sound. You can tell a difference. It is so easy to remove the sponge, and if you dont like it put it back in no big deal.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:35 PM
MyZ4U2C

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Even if the gains between the popcharger and K&N were similar, the sound (NOT NOISE) from the popcharger is worth it. It lets the Z sound like a serious sports car...nothing obnoxious, over-the-top or ricey, just a nicer sound.

You wont get that from a K&N.