Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

SSR Engineering Intake Manifold Complete! *Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 07:57 AM
350Zteve

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SSR,

I think you should be commended for bringing more products to the market. Even if this only proves to be worthwhile on FI cars, thats fine, your still bringing new ideas to the market which will only help.

One feature that would make this thing uber desireable would be if the top could be removed and air horns could be installed. If you machined the top of the runners to accept an air horn for a Weber DCOE, you would see big improvements on NA applications.

Keep up the good work!!!
Old 03-26-2004, 09:41 AM
adanande

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is this braking thing about, could someone knowlegeable please explain. And also theses are a list of intake mods i know of
Tommy Kaira- retains long funners but it is individual throttle body that should gain high end torque
Top Secret- as far as i knew it was not for sale- the car is 700 ps because it has turbo's-
crawford- seemed like a nice idea but strut bars are needed- (ones that work not the one crawfor offers it doesn't seem like a good design just a gimmic)
And kinetix which is redesigning or something
i personally would like something that really increases flow but deosn't mess with torque
go to performance nissan parts .com it is adealer that sells nismo heads.
that and cams will yield horsepower no matter what plenum you use, Not only do the heads increase flow but they increase compression. for all of you that thinnk they have nice cars i dare you to get this mod and leave the intake and the manifold stock, it wil be fine, get a ts ecu ( they are supposed to fix the 85 percent throttle thing anyways and haul guarranteed 320 whp setup, i was just wondering if hacing high compression heads and non-v shped pistons is dangerous. peace and i hope to see someone have the money and guts to get those nismo heads, 500 plus dollars for plenum doesn't get you eny horsepower
Old 03-26-2004, 09:57 AM
g356gear

Originally posted by ether
can you expand on this? not trying to pick a issue just want to get better informed about how our Z is setup.

I'm attaching the TS version they use on their 700ps car. I looks to me that its that same basic overall design. i.e. it appears to me to also replace the bottom of the plenum. Talked to an owner of TS setup and this never came up.

thanks
Sorry guys.....I was mistaken about the plate and it's function for brake boost....it is actually for PVC crankcase venting for the motor. The better the venting of the crankcase.....the more power you can make. I knew there was something I was missing....sorry about the mix-up.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:04 AM
jesseenglish

PCV is a non issue, you can vent it to the atmosphere if you want. Won't pass emissions, but it's easily done.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:55 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey everyone! Its $1 Filet-o-Fish at Mc Donalds!
Old 03-26-2004, 11:00 AM
jesseenglish

Originally posted by Jason@Performance
Hey everyone! Its $1 Filet-o-Fish at Mc Donalds!
Eh?
Old 03-26-2004, 11:22 AM
g356gear

Originally posted by jesseenglish
PCV is a non issue, you can vent it to the atmosphere if you want. Won't pass emissions, but it's easily done.
How can PCV be a non-issue especially if you want to make more power??
Old 03-26-2004, 11:32 AM
jesseenglish

PC Valve is just there as an emissions requirement. It's there to suck the nasty dirty gasses out of your crankcase and back into your intake. It's not going to help produce more power.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:39 AM
g356gear

Originally posted by jesseenglish
PC Valve is just there as an emissions requirement. It's there to suck the nasty dirty gasses out of your crankcase and back into your intake. It's not going to help produce more power.
I was under the impression from some racers that it is more desirable to have a vacuum situation in you're crankcase. Without it you get an increased amount of windage in the case....and less power.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:38 PM
azrael

Originally posted by g356gear
I was under the impression from some racers that it is more desirable to have a vacuum situation in you're crankcase. Without it you get an increased amount of windage in the case....and less power.
The vacuum levels that PCV yields are not enough to really have a large effect on windage. As such, venting the PCV to atmosphere (usually done with a filter) is not a bad thing.

To reduce windage significantly, most racers go to a dry-sump setup, which draws oil out of the pan and uses the oil pump to create a larger vacuum in the crankcase. This nearly eliminates windage and also creates vacuum on the piston rings, which should also reduce blowby.

Dry sump also has the added benefit of eliminating issues with oil pickup during high-g lateral accelleration. This typically shows up on high-speed cornering at the track. For a great example of why dry sump is a nice thing to have, see the results of Sport Compact Car's Ultimate Street Car Challenge (USCC). Nick Wong's Skyline GT-R32 threw two rods through the block because of poor oil pickup during a high-speed corner on the track. The car left several quarts of oil and coolant all over the track.

In any case, people typically report +10-15 hp from dry sump and the resulting windage reduction. We're talking about a small but measurable change in power.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:16 PM
jeffw

Default Dracula

Looks kinda like Dracula's casket.

Maybe you could market as the Dracula Death Manifold (tm) or something.
--
Jeff
Attached Images  
Old 03-26-2004, 01:36 PM
SSR Engineering

Default Re: Dracula

Originally posted by jeffw
Looks kinda like Dracula's casket.

Maybe you could market as the Dracula Death Manifold (tm) or something.
--
Jeff
Yeah, it does kind of look like a casket. Good idea with the marketing
Old 03-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mmm k.. back on track por favor.

dynos please!
Old 03-27-2004, 05:58 AM
peptidbond

Default Re: Re: Dracula

Originally posted by SSR Engineering
Yeah, it does kind of look like a casket. Good idea with the marketing
It's a "Coffin Head", like Harley's with a coffin gas tank.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is it shaped like a coffin as opposed to a cylindrical design? Looks like we can use some head covers now too.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:35 PM
supra crazy

will the strut bar still fit?
and whats with the shape wht not more like JUNs?
Old 03-29-2004, 03:46 PM
350Z-RED

it doesn't matter how makes it or what it looks like (to an extent) what really matters is that it makes power, and until SSR can prove that with a DYNO, Doug and crawford is it for intakes
Old 03-29-2004, 04:45 PM
Jax350z

Why are people say that this intake manifold will benefit more from a F/I setup than N/A?

Exactly what does a F/I setup take advantage of with the plenum?
Old 03-29-2004, 04:56 PM
all_bark

Originally posted by 350Z-RED
it doesn't matter how makes it or what it looks like (to an extent) what really matters is that it makes power, and until SSR can prove that with a DYNO, Doug and crawford is it for intakes
what i think you ment to say was crawford and kinetix are all whats out there for intakes, at the moment.

(I have great dyno's to back up kinetix!)
Old 03-29-2004, 05:40 PM
BLineMotorsports
Vendor - Former Vendor

I've been keeping up with all the comments on this forum; this is my second post in over a year, and just want to put this point out there...
My company (B-Line Motorsports) is testing a new manifold that changes the complete upper portion of the manifold. I personally have had this on my 350Z, for the past four months and have had no problems with any "brake boost" or "crank case ventilation" into the atmosphere.
I just wanted to pass along my personal experience.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: SSR Engineering Intake Manifold Complete! *Pics*