Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Injen SES or Borla TD Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 08:41 AM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Injen SES or Borla TD Exhaust

I dont know how to do a poll, so i am looking for votes on which exhaust between the Borla TD and the Injen SES. I am only looking at these 2 and not any others. I am leaning towards the Injen because there are less pieces and it just looks better IMO. Also, those of you with either of these, where did you get the system from. Thanks ahead.

Zach
Old 06-25-2004, 09:06 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Injen SES or Borla TD Exhaust

Originally posted by zachcrosen
I dont know how to do a poll, so i am looking for votes on which exhaust between the Borla TD and the Injen SES. I am only looking at these 2 and not any others. I am leaning towards the Injen because there are less pieces and it just looks better IMO. Also, those of you with either of these, where did you get the system from. Thanks ahead.

Zach
Got my Injen from Concept Z, speak with Coz....I dont like the Borla because of the way it fits together, and I heard it in person, it sounded like a$$ IMO. My stock exhaust with the resonator removed sounded way better than the Borla. Its a Japanese car dont put a damn American exhaust on it, jmo...
Old 06-25-2004, 09:19 AM
DaddyPhatSaks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in getting the Injen as well and would like to hear more input on it. Any sound clips other than the one put on here about a month ago. Sounded pretty good just would like to hear a little more b4 I drop 860 bones.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:27 AM
BrImSt0ne

borla produced more hp. but if what you want is sound then go injen.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:25 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and injen produced more torque(depending what test you look at).

I lovethe sound of the injen. I wanted more volume though, too many borla owners saying it sounded just like stock but a little bit deeper. I wanted it alot deeper.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:54 AM
coachk
Banned

Zach,
You know what my vote is per the PM. If your interested in buying Injen lets do a GB thru Concept Z,I'm ready.

Ares,
Any RASP with the Injen Exhaust, I dont have cats due to Xerd headers.Any input is appreciated.

Zach lets make a Injen GB happen.......
Old 06-25-2004, 11:01 AM
zoom350

INJEN SES hands down is a better system than Borla IMO. I have the angled SES set up w/ Helix Test Pipes(injen CAI) & absolutely love it. The sound is very deep & rumbly(sounds like a modified V8) at low RPMS & loud as hell in high RPMS. It is not fart can loud, like some people may say, but a very mean loud. Plus, flames shoot out when you tip it to redline(very cool). Do some searches for clips. Many out there. INJEN SES is a solid construction, Borlas has many pcs, that have been known to leak. Also, Borlas tone is too tame for me(can't tell it's even there), but if you don't want a loud system w/ good gains, this is the system for you. If you want an aggressive(get noticed) tone, INJEN.
Good luck.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:05 AM
ares
Veteran

I have 0 rasp, but I have stock cats and headers.

I understand cats can cause rasp. and the exhaust can amplify it. but if you dont have it now, the exhaust shouldnt cause it.

Last edited by ares; 06-25-2004 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:28 AM
coachk
Banned

Ares,

Does the Injen Exhaust have resonators on them?
Old 06-25-2004, 01:19 PM
ares
Veteran

yes, I meant to say exhaust shouldnt up there, not should.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:13 PM
Zmego1985

I just got my Injen installed. I ordered it from Concept z I love the exhaust it sounds nasty and everyone looks . Also it goes together perfect no problem with the install only took me a hour.

Glen
Old 06-26-2004, 08:55 AM
Infern0

Hmmm, I like the way people are talking about the SES. Any other alibis?
Old 06-26-2004, 11:53 AM
jdm3fiddyZ

Injens systems are dyno proven, and proven again. i love my exhaust and i am glad i went with it. the guys over at hop up racing said it was the best line they carry. and they carry almost all the exhausts out there. and the flames that you get are pretty intimidating too!
Old 06-26-2004, 12:04 PM
mamboking

Originally posted by Infern0
Hmmm, I like the way people are talking about the SES. Any other alibis?
Here's a quote from a G35 driver regarding the INJEN:

As most of you career G35Driver.com posters know, I recently installed my Injen exhaust and Kinetix cats. Since, the exhaust has been blowing out a fiberglass "dust" all over the back of my car that makes my car look like I painted the back of the car with metal flake. So, I didn't really think anything of it until my friend, SteveAreno, who also has the same exhaust, said that he's had the same problem and when he took his exhaust apart, the resonators were almost completely gone!
Old 06-26-2004, 02:14 PM
ares
Veteran

I donno bout that, but with test pipes you can expect sulfur all over your bumper.

Ive never heard such a thing. and Im not sure how youd even look into the resonators other than straight through. and isnt the resonator just a hollow chamber? theres nothing blocking the flow, so it would appear to be straight through.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:58 PM
jdm3fiddyZ

yeah i never heard or seen any of that happening, but if i do, ill let you guys know
Old 06-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Arash

i had major flakeage on mine. people kept writing me messages in the flakes and putting the sparkles on their clothes and hands. i have considerably less flakes now though than when i first got the exhaust. i just assumed all new exhausts had this problem, but now you guys got me kind of worried. ill try to remember to not wash my car for a couple weeks and if it builds up again ill take some pics. the sparkles look pretty sweet actually.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Arash

and when you guys talk about flames, you mean on the old angled tip right? cause im pretty sure mine doesnt shoot flames
Old 06-27-2004, 02:16 PM
baptist

I installed the resonated straight pipes on my car yesterday, upto my Nismo exhaust. I have the metal flakes you are talking about.
Dont know about the flames, but I hope so! I too have the Vortech running the stock map (i.e. over rich).
Old 06-27-2004, 03:01 PM
ares
Veteran

you have to have test pipes for the flames to make it.

I donno if nismo would do it, more bends in the pipe, the pipes and muffler of the injen exhaust are straight pipes, with some resonating to them to get the right sound. but there are no visible baffles in the muffler that I could see. I dont think many other exhausts do that.

Quick Reply: Injen SES or Borla TD Exhaust