Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

SEL w/Kinetix Cats. Won't go away!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 08:52 AM
mucky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEL w/Kinetix Cats. Won't go away!

just put on the kinetix Cats and can't seem to get rid of the SEL. I've tried the key trick from the service manuel and I have disconnected the battery, both with no luck. I'm pretty sure I don't have a leak and I cranked down the O2 sensors pretty tight. I waqs also very careful not to damage the sensors.
Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Matt
Old 07-26-2004, 09:35 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Re: SEL w/Kinetix Cats. Won't go away!

Originally posted by mucky
just put on the kinetix Cats and can't seem to get rid of the SEL. I've tried the key trick from the service manuel and I have disconnected the battery, both with no luck. I'm pretty sure I don't have a leak and I cranked down the O2 sensors pretty tight. I waqs also very careful not to damage the sensors.
Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Matt
How is the car running? Do you notice anything out of the ordinary? If it seems to be ok, take your car to an auto parts store (Autozone, Pep Boys, Kragen, etc) and ask them to check your SES light with the OBD-II scanner. It will tell what is causing the light. They can also clear it, but the important thing is to find out what is causing it. I am also running KINETIX high-flow cats but I did not get a SES light after installing them.

-Chris
Old 07-26-2004, 04:40 PM
johnnyblaze

I had this happen with my car also after installing Kinetix cats, How many miles do you have on the car since the install? After about 60 miles of driving with the light on it ended up not comming up anymore for me, ive heard of this problem a couple of times and sometimes it just goes away with mileage (60-100 miles) and some people just do the technosquare reset. If you arent sure about your own install go ahead over to your local auto parts store and have them check the light for you like Chris said.

Good luck
Old 07-26-2004, 05:30 PM
mucky

I easily have 300 miles since the install. I'm pretty confident with my install. Wasn't very hard, just time consuming. did you guys use any kind of gasket sealent at either end or any thread sealer where the O2 sensors go in? I think I could tell if I had a leak. Also, the care runs great. No problems at all. Can definatley feel the difference. sounds better too.

Thanks for your help guys,

matt