Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Best 350z Plenum

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 08:55 PM
murrman100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Plenums........

Originally posted by Z CRUZN
I originally ordered the Kinetix, but decided on the Crawford before the Kinetix arrived. To most Z owners, there's positives & negatives to both - just decide on one & run with it! Gotta love the Crawford.......
Friggin awsome!!!!!!
Did your plenum come chromed or did you have to pay extra for that?
Old 09-07-2004, 09:53 PM
troy49er

I guess you did not see the wink ...
Just trying to point out with a bit of Humor that the "Best Plenum" has been discussed many times before, in many different threads..

Sorry if you were offended by my dry sense of humor murrmann...
Old 09-08-2004, 02:40 AM
Z CRUZN

Murrman - Had Crawford polish the plenum for me....think it was like $300 extra. I had a polished OEM plenum on before & got used to the "chromed" look & had to have it on the new one - ha! Wanted a little bling to go with the zing.
Attached Thumbnails Best 350z Plenum-plenum-close-up.jpg  
Old 09-08-2004, 08:33 AM
murrman100

Originally posted by troy49er
I guess you did not see the wink ...
Just trying to point out with a bit of Humor that the "Best Plenum" has been discussed many times before, in many different threads..

Sorry if you were offended by my dry sense of humor murrmann...
No problem troy49er. I'm sorry for taking your joke to seriously.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:46 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Bolt Covers

Z CRUZN,

Where did you get your chrome bolt caps/covers? I have a Crawford plenum powdercoated black. I was looking for some black bolt covers, but all I could find was blue or red. I found those on Ebay. I may try to paint the blue ones I bought black. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Z CRUZN

Default bolt caps..........

ZPirate - I use the Spectre bolt caps, but they're only available in red, blue & chrome. I've used several online dealers, but for the most part, they're always out - Spectre has a problem with keeping their inventory flowing. Now, I just pick them up at AutoZone - they keep chrome in stock. I've never seen black ones offered, but that would look great on your black powder-coated plenum, for sure! I bet you could paint them as you mentioned, but be sure to use hi-heat paint - they get pretty darn hot under the hood. Use a little lite-grit sandpaper to rough 'em up a bit, then shoot 'em with some hi-heat black. A couple of coats & I bet they would work. Curious to hear how it works out.........
Old 09-09-2004, 05:21 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: bolt caps..........

Originally posted by Z CRUZN
ZPirate - I use the Spectre bolt caps, but they're only available in red, blue & chrome. I've used several online dealers, but for the most part, they're always out - Spectre has a problem with keeping their inventory flowing. Now, I just pick them up at AutoZone - they keep chrome in stock. I've never seen black ones offered, but that would look great on your black powder-coated plenum, for sure! I bet you could paint them as you mentioned, but be sure to use hi-heat paint - they get pretty darn hot under the hood. Use a little lite-grit sandpaper to rough 'em up a bit, then shoot 'em with some hi-heat black. A couple of coats & I bet they would work. Curious to hear how it works out.........
Z CRUZN,

Thanks for the info. The caps I purchased are the Spectre blue caps, which I understand Spectre is not making anymore. I am going to see what the blue ones look like first, but I am afraid I will not like them on the black plenum. I am most concerned about the top two bolts in the center of the plenum. I am planning on keeping my engine cover which has now been cut to fit, like I believe I saw you had done once before. I had it painted Daytona Blue along with my battery and brake covers several months ago prior to purchasing the plenum. Personally I think the engine looks better with the cover even if it has been cut. I really like the blue and black combination with my car. My grounding kit also has blue wires which look great coming off the black plenum. I painted my strut bar black to match the plenum too. I also got Doug to send me the black mounting plates for the strut bar when I purchased the setup.

One thing I had not thought of was putting caps on the lower bolts to the plenum if you leave the cover off. I like the way yours looks with the chrome bolt covers all around the plenum. That is the way to go if you leave the engine cover off. It looks like I will be painting my bolt caps once I get them.

Where did you purchase your SPL caps/covers? How much of a difference did you see in your car's performance when you had the Crawford Headers installed? Also have you done the ECU reflash yet?

Last edited by ZPirate; 09-09-2004 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Z CRUZN

Default ZPirate-

PM sent
Old 09-10-2004, 06:46 AM
whosdady

If you are considering boosting or adding HP in the future, the choice is simple. Crawford is the only way to go as echoed by others in this thread.

Plus its nice to have a color choice and the service is fantastic
Old 09-10-2004, 08:46 AM
sausage5000

Originally posted by sith
I've owned both... i sold my Crawford for a Kinetix and i love both of them very much... now the owner of my crawford is loving it.

Both have advantages and both have disadvantages but to say the Kinetix is junk is just plain stupid. I don't have any rubbing issues with the strutbar and the plenum i mean it's REALLY close but i'm not worried about it.

And i will hopefully be boosting the Kinetix plenum shortly.

damn nice time!
Old 09-10-2004, 12:50 PM
BobbyBoy

Here's a link to the APS plenum.

Plenum

Should be out sometime after SEMA, pricing will be available then as well. Will come with an Strut tower brace.

Old 09-10-2004, 04:40 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

someone needs to step up and make the best one
Old 09-10-2004, 05:03 PM
Orange Peel

what is the effect of the crawford on high rpm's also i notice the aps has 6 hole for bolts and the crawford has two.

I remember this being a feature crawford made sure of because of performance/ air flow? Is this true?