Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

350Z B&B Exhaust Systems Special

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 01:09 PM
Yuichi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 350Z B&B Exhaust Systems Special

Hey guys we are doing a special on B&B Exhaust systems. B&B dynoed the 350Z on their in house dyno and gained 6.5 and 5.1 torque on the car so far.

The also found that the exhaust system weighs 17 pounds less then existing stock system. Their exhaust is made completely out of stainless steel.

To see pictures and listen to exhaust clips please visit our website at

Click here to hear the exhaust Clip

List price is 895.00. To find out our special pricing please give us a call at (408)364-0156
Old 10-25-2002, 02:09 AM
3502GO

where do you go to hear it? I hear nothing on that link. Whats the discount if I like it. Whats the status on the Noah and hyperground?
Old 10-27-2002, 05:35 AM
bbye v8

Originally posted by 3502GO
where do you go to hear it? I hear nothing on that link.
Let the page (from Yuichi's link) completely download. There is a video clip with sound.

I kinda like it, but would want to hear it in person from the inside of the car. The B&B system for the Z32 was way too loud inside the car.
Old 10-27-2002, 05:58 PM
3502GO

Still can't hear it. I must not have the sound program needed.
Old 10-28-2002, 04:15 PM
vicmar90

I agree the price doesn't sound too bad compared to some of the other exhaust systems currently available but I would like to know if anyone has heard it live. I like the sound when its reved, however, I wonder how loud this sounds from inside the car. I don't want it to be too loud. Has anyone seen or heard live the demo car that has it installed?
Thanks.
Victor
Old 10-28-2002, 05:26 PM
Yuichi

Default SEMA

We are getting a B&B for a SEMA car. So for all of you that are in So Cal or Las Vegas can probably get a chance to hear it in person.

I'm probably going to get one for my car real soon too, so those in Nor Cal. Maybe we can do rides to hear what its like outside and in the car

Just a thought... Also there is one in Arizona going around, he stops by the Pavillion car show and he loves the exhaust so far.
Old 10-28-2002, 06:02 PM
westpak
SFZCC

It's funny how everyone is saying the price isn't bad at 900 bucks, of course it doesn't after 2000 to 3000, it's like getting hit in the head repeatedly if they slow down it feels better. The problem we have is that the prices for aftermarket products are being based on the price of the car and assumption that if people were able to afford the car they can afford more expensive aftermarket products. The Borla system I bought for my 22K car was only 550 why can't the B&B or any others be at least 650 to 700???
Old 10-29-2002, 12:54 PM
ppw350Z

I am new to the site as you may be able to tell. I completely agree with westpak. I had a 99 civic and had an Apexi cat back exhaust, I paid 500 for it. I see the CAI and ECU are going for around the same price as other model cars.
Old 10-29-2002, 03:15 PM
Yuichi

Talking Last week for B&B

This is the last week for the Specials on the B&B so if you guys have any other questions on the B&B as far as pricing power or sound goes. Please feel free to e-mail us at (408)364-0156 or e-mail us at Service@StrictlyZ.com

In responce to WestPak's question and others. I wish everything was cheaper, but unfortunately its not. Its just the way the market is. If these exhaust's were massly produced I'm sure the pricing would be a lot cheaper.

But B&B makes every exhaust on order. There are about 5 or 6 different exhaust systems that will be coming out, and the pricing I think will be very close to the 1000 price area.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:35 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Thanks yuichi for the offer of group buys and my comments are in general, but if exhausts are going to be around 1000 I will wait until all are out and make sure which one make the most HP for the 1000 bucks and not jump on the first one to save a couple of bucks and then see one that puts out 10HP for 1000 bucks later or more. Are the 6.5 HP at peak or throughout the power curve? Any picture of the powere and torque curves.
Old 10-29-2002, 06:54 PM
Yuichi

Talking

Westpak,

I'm supposed to get the dyno sheet fairly soon from B&B. Another company recently did a true dual exhaust and came up with around the same HP which was around the 6. This is from the Cats back.

Unfortunately the only reason I don't like this set up is because inorder to fit 2 seperate mufflers they needed to flare the ends out, also it is quite loud.

I understand you waiting but if you have bought B&B before you'll find out that they are rarely discounted. That is part of the reason its appealing. I do hope some exhaust systems out there will gain more hp then 6. But I still think its hard for every company to gain more horses.

Hope I'm wrong
Old 10-29-2002, 07:27 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Thanks for info, thruthfullly nobody might be able to get much more in that I think Nissan has done a pretty good job with that they did.

Please post curves as soon as you get them. To be thruthful I like the sound of the B&B in your clip I think it sounds nicer than the current one, can you say if it is obnuctiously (sp?) loud? The Borla I have on my other car sometimes gets annnoying when on the highway at just 2000 rpm, any interior noise increase from the B&B?

Also, I know you say to call but can you say what the group buy price is? Can you PM or email me if you don't want to post?
Old 10-29-2002, 07:52 PM
SoCalKid86

if it retails at 895...i hope it can come down to about 500 bucks... Is it loud from inside the car? Because I feel like the 350 Z will feel mentally a lil sportier if we can actually hear some engine noise in the car a lil better, outside too..

will this exhaust system spit out some flames?...heh that would be way cool...i want some flambe out of the mufflers man...
Old 10-29-2002, 08:35 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by SoCalKid86
if it retails at 895...i hope it can come down to about 500 bucks... Is it loud from inside the car? Because I feel like the 350 Z will feel mentally a lil sportier if we can actually hear some engine noise in the car a lil better, outside too..

will this exhaust system spit out some flames?...heh that would be way cool...i want some flambe out of the mufflers man...
Well I don't know about others but I can hear the exhaust fine in the car when you gun it, changing the exhaust will not help you hear the engine better though just more exhaust noise.
Old 10-30-2002, 08:18 AM
bigone

Default B&B exhaust group buy

I am seriously considering getting in on the deal Yuichi is putting together, but need to find a shop in South Florida to get the exhaust installed. Anyone in the South Florida area know of a shop that does this kind of install for a reasonable price?
Old 10-30-2002, 09:01 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Default Re: B&B exhaust group buy

Originally posted by bigone
I am seriously considering getting in on the deal Yuichi is putting together, but need to find a shop in South Florida to get the exhaust installed. Anyone in the South Florida area know of a shop that does this kind of install for a reasonable price?
If it is anything like the Borla I put on my other car you can do it yourself.

Yuichi, any welding required or only clamps?

If the answer is only clamps the only thing requiring real work is cutting of the existing system.
Old 10-30-2002, 04:29 PM
Mike821

Sounds a little ricy to me... But that's just me...
Old 11-08-2002, 11:43 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Yuichi,

Any word on Dyno pictures?

Quick Reply: 350Z B&B Exhaust Systems Special