Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rodH
GOOD QUESTION????

Are these the headers that seem to look exactly like DCs and TopSpeeds??

I just read through this WHOLE thread, what a joke, no independant dynos after that???

btw, someone mentions that "why doesn't Nismo or stillen get questioned like this"?......ummmm, I believe Stillen has had plenty of critism on this board, ane the reason NISMO doesn't is because they do NOT make OUTRAGOUS claims, they claim thier exhaust does 6 hp increase, which is EXACTLY what it has been dynod at (some even got slightly more). Who else out there even claims a 6HP increase for exhaust??? NOONE, because NISMO isn't trying to make crazy claims.

btw, I just installed Nismo exhaust and DC headers, very happy with the increase in power and even more happy with the mid range torque increase!!!!
What are you talking about no independant dyno's? The only dyno's Nexus shows are INDEPENDANT.

Nismo also doesn't make their own stuff, so you'd be talking to a wall to complain about their headers.

Hmm, why is it only the one's with a different set of headers (not stock and not Nexus) are complaining?

Victor, i'm planning on getting a 350Z next month and i'll contact your through a PM, i'll go down there, get quite a few base dyno's, video it, install the headers, and then dyno again to end this speculation, plus I could use a near-free set of headers.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:34 PM
rodH

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
What are you talking about no independant dyno's? The only dyno's Nexus shows are INDEPENDANT.

Nismo also doesn't make their own stuff, so you'd be talking to a wall to complain about their headers.

Hmm, why is it only the one's with a different set of headers (not stock and not Nexus) are complaining?

Victor, i'm planning on getting a 350Z next month and i'll contact your through a PM, i'll go down there, get quite a few base dyno's, video it, install the headers, and then dyno again to end this speculation, plus I could use a near-free set of headers.
who is complaining, I am perfectly happy, I am just sooooo tired of CLAIMS!!!! If I went by claims, my Z would be as fast as an M3 and my old Civic would be as fast as a Mustang GT. You call that 1 dyno "independent"??

Seems weird that SOOOO many people offered thier cars to be dyno'd and yet NO ONE had it done, as opposed to the topspeed headers, which came out around the same time, and I did a quick search and found 4 dynos from different people, all between 8-12 HP gains at the wheels. Interesting. Props to Topspeed.

who cares if Nissan doesn't make Nismo, a better MORE expereinced company does, that is like saying Mercedes doesn't build the 55 engine, AMG does (which MD now has bought into). Frankly, I'd rather have an AMG MB than a normal MB, a Cosworth Ford vs a normal FOrd, a TRD TOyota VS a stock Toyota, the list goes on. By that thinking hardly ANY car manufacture is a true product 100%, Bosch electronics in Porsches, does that make it NOT a porsche??? Who cares who built it and where it was made, it is a matter of if the factory backs it and it can be warrenteed through Nissan dealers, that was my point.

Not meaning to take this out on you, I just get soooo tired of the crazy claims, since the headers look exactly like DC and Topspeed, i'd expect similar gains, which is pretty impressive, just NOT 21hp
Old 03-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by rodH
who is complaining, I am perfectly happy, I am just sooooo tired of CLAIMS!!!! If I went by claims, my Z would be as fast as an M3 and my old Civic would be as fast as a Mustang GT. You call that 1 dyno "independent"??

Seems weird that SOOOO many people offered thier cars to be dyno'd and yet NO ONE had it done, as opposed to the topspeed headers, which came out around the same time, and I did a quick search and found 4 dynos from different people, all between 8-12 HP gains at the wheels. Interesting. Props to Topspeed.

who cares if Nissan doesn't make Nismo, a better MORE expereinced company does, that is like saying Mercedes doesn't build the 55 engine, AMG does (which MD now has bought into). Frankly, I'd rather have an AMG MB than a normal MB, a Cosworth Ford vs a normal FOrd, a TRD TOyota VS a stock Toyota, the list goes on. By that thinking hardly ANY car manufacture is a true product 100%, Bosch electronics in Porsches, does that make it NOT a porsche??? Who cares who built it and where it was made, it is a matter of if the factory backs it and it can be warrenteed through Nissan dealers, that was my point.

Not meaning to take this out on you, I just get soooo tired of the crazy claims, since the headers look exactly like DC and Topspeed, i'd expect similar gains, which is pretty impressive, just NOT 21hp
It wasn't one dyno, that was just the only dyno they posted, which happens to be on 1.) a hot and humid day in Fla, 2.) lowest gains they gained on that day, and 3.) not affiliated with Nexus, COJ_General was just like anyone else, he figured he'd get a free set of headers and get his car dyno'd.

Heh, well I promise you, as soon as I get my 350Z, i'll go down to Florida and get a set of headers.

I didn't say Nissan didn't. I said Nismo hasn't made their own parts in over 20 years, everything is outsourced and rebranded.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:54 AM
zownz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that almost looks 2 good 2 install
Old 11-10-2005, 05:35 AM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got my Alphawerks headers in ---They look good. But NO Gaskets and no paperwork whatsoever. I understand it is best to drop the tranny, thats no prob ---I can drop a Z tranny in 30-40 minutes. Torque specs ? The Gaskets are 36.00 each minus my 20% from the dealer-----Any input ?
Old 11-10-2005, 06:17 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eazzzzzzy
I just got my Alphawerks headers in ---They look good. But NO Gaskets and no paperwork whatsoever. I understand it is best to drop the tranny, thats no prob ---I can drop a Z tranny in 30-40 minutes. Torque specs ? The Gaskets are 36.00 each minus my 20% from the dealer-----Any input ?
Who drops the tranny to install headers? Never heard of anyone doing that. Also, the stock gaskets can be reused without ill effect...and this was actually recommended by the topspeed vendor in his group buy thread since the gaskets he included were a generic design.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Eazzy

Originally Posted by Eazzzzzzy
Well --I can see droppin the tranny They sure as hell wont go through the top -- and with that much prob --Im not going to use the original Gaskets
Old 11-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Eazzy

and this weekend is this way --Headers--Plenum spacer--pullin fuel rail to install bung for Fuel Press--3.12 pulley--Cat drop----Got Soft ware for the Votech tune today. All in a days work ,,,Idle hands are the Devils workshop---HA!
Old 12-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Wotnot

Default When I got mine installed

I had the dealer examine the factory gaskets to determine if new ones would be needed.

They were in perfect shape so I went with them. I have had no problems so far
Old 12-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Eazzy

True --- I could have used the original Gaskets --I didnt relize the design--I wanted no hold ups--So since I had the new --What the heck---Trans did NOT have to be dropped---It really was an easy install ---If I had to do another set and I prob will ---I could kick it out in 4 hrs or so ---Any questions --Let me know
Old 12-07-2005, 06:41 AM
TxTitan

So what your seat of the pants feel so for ???
Old 12-14-2005, 06:35 PM
danimaldaisy

**** it! just do what i did and get the ebay megan headers. they have the same bends, near same quality, the flange is not polished but who cares, and i definitly feel a nice punch all the way to redline. cost me 190 shipped and i installed them my self.
no problems with fitment, and no leaks. if you want to spend 1000 or more for headers go right ahead. i know my headers are a knock off of dc sports ect. and thats why i bought them. i just could not get my self to spend that kind of money on a header.

if im making power than all of the other headers are making power as long as they have the same bends as alphaworks ect.

there are alot of other headers out there that do not have eaqual tube lengths and people are paying thrugh the nose for them.

do you really want youre exhaust gasses coliding at the collector of the header because the manufacturer was more concerned about how good the mandrel bends are and of the high quality SS its made of ect.

this style of header makes the most power period no matter whet brand it is.

question is how much do you want to spend.

one thing i will say about the dyno chart is that i have never seen a stock z put down only 228whp its more like 235-240 so 10-14whp sounds more accurate guys.

even alberto knows that this figure is too low for stock. the low numbers dont add up, but i do believe the power it made after the fact.

i would never try to sell something like this on a forum, because if you lie you will get caught, flamed, and no one will buy anything off of you.

even the cheap megan y pipe, or even a t-pros or even the cheapest out there right now e-motors y pipe are all made in china, from the same manufacturer, all imported to the us with misterious new names, and with everyone scratching there heads on how they look the same. the chinese copy everything. these y pipes look identical in shape and dimensions (not quality) of the nismo y pipe. and yes i bought one also and it works as good as any other y pipe.

but........................................................

they dont make plenum spacers, cams, ect.

i did spent the money on a motordyne spacer kit and will spend the money on pullies and cams.

no way in hell i could convince my self to spend that kinda money on headers and a y pipe, so it looks like these are the only 2 shortcuts you can take on the z right now.

and no i have no problems. im not going to argue with 1-2 hp either.

i spent 280+ shipped to my door and i installed them my self that is a ****in deal of the century.

im not caling any one stupid for spending the money they did on the parts they had.

i think im one of the first if not the very few who went this route an i just wanna say these cheap *** parts WORK!
Old 12-17-2005, 07:37 PM
jen350z

"subscribing"
Old 03-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Mr_pharmD

i dont no about everyone else but i didnt see that much gain with these headers
Old 04-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone else gotten good resaults from these headers?
Old 06-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Rick06Z

Question .

Last edited by Rick06Z; 05-11-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Eazzy

I bought the Alphas bout a yr ago --little less----I like them ---I was dynoing a piddly 331 HP----Now relize --I installed Motor dyne ,cat drop and Alphas ,,, Dynoed 368 HP ---Have since retuned and went 3.12 on the Vortech. Cool thing was the install ---If I did another set I could do it in 2.5 - 3 hours. Right side drops out and in ,,,Left side I broke down the steering u-joint and dropped out and in ----Most time is spent stripping top side components in order to get a good clean torque
Old 06-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Rick06Z

Last edited by Rick06Z; 05-10-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Wotnot

Default Well all I know is

mine are great after almost a year. No issues at all and with the intake, Stillen cat back, I get the performance and sound I'm looking for.

I might consider getting a Technosquare reflash for the final mod.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:32 PM
TTRANK

So after this long thread no one ever posted numbers. All that I see is the numbers posted by Victor way back when...

Quick Reply: Headers: Alphawerks Racing Development = +21hp/+15tq