Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Headers: Alphawerks Racing Development = +21hp/+15tq

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 05:39 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by COJ_General
Alright....sorry for the long delay, but with exams and classes finishing up, this is the first chance I had to really get back online!!!! So here's the REVIEW:

Well, I have had my car now for a couple of days and I am extremely excited about the turn out. To make sure that I made a proper assesment of the vehicle and how the headers compared with a stock 350z, I went ahead and drove my friends stock 350z for a couple of hours (we traded off ), and then took mine out. To begin, I'd like to thank the crew at Powertoyz for installing it along with the sponser for testing it on my vehicle! Well, I couldn't be happier with the outcome!!!! As you can see with the pictures that have been posted of the headers, they are definitely of the highest quality. When you open the hood, you don't really notice then until you get the sun to shine in and you see the gleam of the stainless steel...it looks beautiful!!! But moving on to its performance (which everyone is looking for), You can definitely feel a difference with the car. When you first turn it on, the car has just a tad bit of a louder note to the exhaust (nothing gigantic). Once you take off it just feels fantastic (it seemed to let the engine flow a lot smoother... as well, to my ears, the exhaust note seems to be more apparent)!!! Launching and driving at the lower gears, you don't seem to notice a big differnce (going to the track soon so I'll give you the numbers when I have them), but where the car really shines is at top end!!! Stompping on the throttle at those higher gears, the car pulls a lot harder!!!! And its not a subtle pull, it just pulls a lot harder than when the car was stock!! My first impression of what a difference the headers made was when I was just cruising on the highway and I punched it and it took off! I was very impressed by the power that was gained at higher speeds. Getting to 100mph is a lot quicker now than before. As well, proceeding to the higher speeds you also see that you reach them a lot easier. I can't wait to see what times I can get at the track. I noticed largely that there was a difference when I raced my boss! He has an 04 STi with pretty much every bolt-on possible....regardless, he's running low 12s (soon to be high 11s).... he traunced me the first time we raced!!!!! We raced yesterday, and he was more impressed than me!!!!! i kept up a lot better this time than the first!!!! But all in all, I am definitely happy with the product....If you guys have any specific questions, this is my first review so I'm not too sure on what everyone would be looking for, but again if there is anything specific that you want to ask me, don't mind PM me or writing it in this post.
What mods do you have in your car besides the headers?
Old 12-17-2004, 08:22 AM
Wotnot

Default It's Christmas bonus time and ..

I have some money to spend this year on my car.

I was thinking of Nismo Cat back exhaust
headers and a JWT Pop charger.

My first inclination was to go with Nismo headers. Now I think I might give these a try.

but you want alot of money for these Headers Victor.

Does a Group buy work for you?

Just a thought.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:07 PM
COJ_General

I actually have no other mods at the present time being.... my next project will be getting the entire exhaust setup!!!
Old 12-23-2004, 09:04 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Jun
What mods do you have in your car besides the headers?
His car is the car that was used to test in the very beginning of this thread. The dyno plots provided of the stock Z vs. the Z with their headers is his car.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:52 AM
n8236

Isn't the ppl on this forum still looking for another 3rd party individual to dyno test on this product?
Old 12-24-2004, 06:29 AM
myz8a4re

sure were interested to see results for any other member on the forum. nexusindustries has already got a z owner/member lined up for the "modded" z dyno testing here in south florida right after the turn of the new year when thier 350z header shipment arrives....looking forward to those results!!

-justin
Old 01-05-2005, 06:53 PM
350z2930

Does any one know if the alphawerks headers are in?
Old 01-05-2005, 11:10 PM
israel

Hello?
Old 01-09-2005, 04:40 PM
350z2930

HELLO DOES ANY ONE KNOW?
Old 01-09-2005, 04:42 PM
myz8a4re

another dreamworks product?...............

-justin
Old 01-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Nexusindustry

Sorry for the delay in response. The headers are scheduled to arrive on January 26th. As soon as they clear customs they will be ready to go. In this container we will also have our 350z/G35 test pipes that dyno'd 11bhp on their own. New videos and dyno's are up on the site if you want to check them out...just go to www.alphawerks.com and check out the DYNO section.

Thanks,
Victor D
Nexus Industry
Old 01-12-2005, 11:34 AM
Wotnot

Default HI Victor and Happy New Year

does a group buy have any appeal to you?
Old 01-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Nexusindustry

A group buy can only be arranged through one of the site sponsors according the rules of this forum...I will contact the site moderators to find out if we can become sponsors...what we would prefer is if one of the present distributor sponsors organized the group buy and made some money on it also because we do not retail we only import and test the products and do not really have time to do things like sales to the public, but if need be I think that I could convince the sales staff to allow me to do it here and sell direct and save you some bucks if none of the sponsers want to jump on it.

Thanks,

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
Old 01-15-2005, 12:00 PM
metalz

I cant wait till these headers get in this month. I am going to get the first set to test on my Z, for doing the dyno they also threw in the test pipes for free...I will make sure to do a before and after with the headers alone and then with the test pipes and vice versa...thanks to all who answered my dyno questions via PM to make sure it all goes smooth
Old 01-18-2005, 03:47 PM
350z2930

Put me down for a set.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:06 PM
RBlover69

so are these the best headers yet, more impressive than the nismo design, have these produced the most whp then the others
Old 01-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by RBlover69
so are these the best headers yet, more impressive than the nismo design, have these produced the most whp then the others
Crawford produces similar gains and is about the same price, only difference is Crawford install isn't easy, I believe these will install like Borla, Nismo, DC Sports, etc.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Wotnot

Default I believe Stillen

has numbers awfully close to the ones posted here for the Alphawerks...

I'm still interested in a group buy as these ALphawerks are more money than I'm willing to pay at present
Old 01-19-2005, 08:13 PM
hypeiv

Originally posted by RBlover69
little too soon to say that just yet. I hope for the best and would presonally love to get 21hp and 15 tq but I will just have to wait and see what happens once these get here.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:20 PM
nuttyprof

these are shorter than the crawfords correct? how woudl you guys compare them? about the same price.

how about with cams? which will have more gains with cams?

Quick Reply: Headers: Alphawerks Racing Development = +21hp/+15tq