Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Headers: Alphawerks Racing Development = +21hp/+15tq

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 10:34 PM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any idea of a price/time range for the group buy? I am about to go ahead and install my topspeed headers but if this was reasonable/happening in the near future I might hold off
Old 01-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by nuttyprof
these are shorter than the crawfords correct? how woudl you guys compare them? about the same price.

how about with cams? which will have more gains with cams?
I believe they are shorter than the Crawfords. I'd say you'd be better off to get Crawford if you want aftermarket cams, they are making heads and working with some cams right now, so you may want to wait until they are done. I believe they are going to offer a package later with everything Crawford sells that will get you to 300rwhp.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:35 AM
Z BOY

wait for independent proof of their claimed hp gains.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by Z BOY
wait for independent proof of their claimed hp gains.
Crawford or Alphawerks/Nexus?
Old 01-20-2005, 01:57 AM
Z BOY

crawford headers have the highest proven gains of any z/g headers...they are the best out there, but you pay a premium for those gains. As per your sig, if you want the best, crawford is it.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Nexusindustry

Hey guys...I still need to speak with the moderators here about a group buy...but I submitted the following price structure to my GM to see if he would approve it...they do not normally do this but since this post is so huge I am pretty sure they would be willing to go for it if they saw the interest...

MSRP --> $1175
10 headers --> ~ $750
20 headers --> ~ $675-700

Victor D.
Nexus Industry

BTW the headers and test pipes arrive at the end of the month in about 10 days...
Old 01-20-2005, 03:30 PM
PhoenixINX

Originally posted by Z BOY
crawford headers have the highest proven gains of any z/g headers...they are the best out there, but you pay a premium for those gains. As per your sig, if you want the best, crawford is it.
Ha! Well said!!!
Old 01-20-2005, 08:57 PM
nuttyprof

im sure we can get 20. im in if its for that price. well, lets see some gains too. =)
Old 01-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Nexusindustry

DYNO REPOST REQUEST

Ok...I am going to repost the dyno here for anyone that has not seen the dyno yet...you can also go the following link for Super Street where they tested it to 18bhp which is w/in an accepted 10% deviance from our dyno...

http://superstreetonline.com/plugged...10_alphawerks/

350Z ALPHAWERKS RACING DEVELOPMENT 3-1 HEADER DYNOGRAPHS

About the dyno:
It was run at above 90 degree temperatures to ensure that everyone will make power. In fact the car overheated several times trying to get dynos out of it. The dyno also was run on a Dynojet dyno at an indepedent facility (Speed Lab Dyno Facilities). Also, the baseline horsepower is not low as several forum members have noted that 350Z's have dyno'd in that range many times previously.
This is just to sum up some of the discussion on the previous 13 pages of this thread.

Also please go to the following link to see pics of the actual dyno and sound clips of the car with the header on it.

SOUND CLIPS AND ACTUAL DYNO

http://www.alphawerks.com/alpha_frameset_dyno.htm

Best regards,
Victor D.
Nexus Industry
Old 01-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Wotnot

Default those numbers look impressive

Most headers are difficult to install on this car according to what I've read.

Victor, you mentioned back somewhere that these headers install somewhat easier than others. I'd be interested in seeing the installation instructions if they're available in soft copy

thanks
Old 01-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Nexusindustry

wotnot,

As soon as I get the headers in I will send you a copy of the install instructions. Not to get into specifics...the headers install w/o the removal of the engine or having to "lift" the engine. The latest redesign, while still resulting in the power gains, was modified to allow for this install by bringing one of the runners on the left bank of the engine about ~4-5mm.

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
Old 01-23-2005, 09:35 PM
Wotnot

Default thanks victor

I'll look forward to it
Old 01-24-2005, 01:55 AM
QikTimez

Wow!!!!!
13 pages of talk and still no #'s
Looking forward to those #'s
#'s!
Old 01-24-2005, 02:01 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by QikTimez
Wow!!!!!
13 pages of talk and still no #'s
Looking forward to those #'s
#'s!
No numbers?...scroll up a little, he just reposted the dyno for the people who didn't see it the first time.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:25 PM
QikTimez

Nis350ztt, I saw the original #'s in the very beginning and they seem great and all and hope that they are proven over and over again. It would be nice to see someone give Crawford( a great company) a run for their money. I think that we can all agree that competition improves quality. Although, you must understand that some of us are skeptical and want to see one of our own members ( who has more than a few posts--a trusted long timer) make those #"s before we sink over a grand into their product.
What I was saying is that after reading all 13 long pages of this, using crappy dial up to connect, I was suprised to see that no one from here ( who has more than a few posts--a trusted long timer)had duplicated those #'s yet.
Like I said no bash against Nexus or anything, I just want to see the #'s from one of ours ( who has more than a few posts--a trusted long timer). Only dpulicating the #'s repeatedly will tell the truth. #'s dont lie.
So with that said, I wish Nexus good luck and I hope to see some #'s soon.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm glad a new company is getting involved. It is upsetting that the Crawford cronies have to come out and bash every product that could be better than Crawford's. I'm sure they make a good quality product, they should let the dyno's do the talking from now on.

I'd like to get a set of these headers and do a review, I just don't have the money right now, plus I have a G35. I'm really looking forward to this review.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Nexusindustry

Originally posted by Hraesvelg
I'm glad a new company is getting involved. It is upsetting that the Crawford cronies have to come out and bash every product that could be better than Crawford's. I'm sure they make a good quality product, they should let the dyno's do the talking from now on.

I'd like to get a set of these headers and do a review, I just don't have the money right now, plus I have a G35. I'm really looking forward to this review.

If you are interested, we also have a set of headers for the G35.

Thanks,

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
Old 01-25-2005, 07:52 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by QikTimez
Nis350ztt, I saw the original #'s in the very beginning and they seem great and all and hope that they are proven over and over again. It would be nice to see someone give Crawford( a great company) a run for their money. I think that we can all agree that competition improves quality. Although, you must understand that some of us are skeptical and want to see one of our own members ( who has more than a few posts--a trusted long timer) make those #"s before we sink over a grand into their product.
What I was saying is that after reading all 13 long pages of this, using crappy dial up to connect, I was suprised to see that no one from here ( who has more than a few posts--a trusted long timer)had duplicated those #'s yet.
Like I said no bash against Nexus or anything, I just want to see the #'s from one of ours ( who has more than a few posts--a trusted long timer). Only dpulicating the #'s repeatedly will tell the truth. #'s dont lie.
So with that said, I wish Nexus good luck and I hope to see some #'s soon.
I understand. But, as far as I know, there aren't many Crawford dyno's either, look at another thread in this section, a G35 guy is supposed to do a test to see actual gains.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:50 AM
neffster

Originally posted by nis350ztt
I understand. But, as far as I know, there aren't many Crawford dyno's either, look at another thread in this section, a G35 guy is supposed to do a test to see actual gains.
Yeah, but that poor sap has only been offered $10.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:01 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by neffster
Yeah, but that poor sap has only been offered $10.

Quick Reply: Headers: Alphawerks Racing Development = +21hp/+15tq