Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

2nd Gear Grind w/ VDC off

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 03:44 PM
350ZEE18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Gear Grind w/ VDC off

Here's my problem. I had my tranny replaced at about 8k miles on my 03 Z. Every once in awhile, I turn off my VDC and take it to redline in first gear (w/o hitting rev limiter) but when going into 2nd gear my tranny grinds most of the times. I brought it to a dealership once and they can't reproduce the same problem. It only grinds with VDC off and if I take it to redline in first going to 2nd. It never happens when VDC is on. It's embarrassing because whenever I'm racing someone 2nd gear grinds and I'll lose. I dont' know what to do about getting a replacement tranny because the dealer can't reproduce this grind.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:39 PM
FLZ_Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZEE18
Here's my problem. I had my tranny replaced at about 8k miles on my 03 Z. Every once in awhile, I turn off my VDC and take it to redline in first gear (w/o hitting rev limiter) but when going into 2nd gear my tranny grinds most of the times. I brought it to a dealership once and they can't reproduce the same problem. It only grinds with VDC off and if I take it to redline in first going to 2nd. It never happens when VDC is on. It's embarrassing because whenever I'm racing someone 2nd gear grinds and I'll lose. I dont' know what to do about getting a replacement tranny because the dealer can't reproduce this grind.
It's not suppose to gring with VDC or TCS off. Take the service or techie for a ride and show them how to really reproduce the problem.

No its not normal for sports cars to have their gear grind.............