Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

My Problems / Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Shadowrwr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Problems / Question

Okay, so after argueing with Nissan for two weeks now, while not being able to use my car im finally getting to the shop for them to do something about this Z.

Question. I was feeling around the back tires to see how much tread was on them. I reached on the top of the passengers tire and was able to fit my hand and arm under there good, but when i do it on the drivers side i noticed i couldnt reach the other side of the tire on the top. My arm wasnt fitting through. I thought this was strange since i just was able to do it on the passenger side with ease. Well i get out a measureing tape and sure enough the drivers side wheel well is sitting about 3/4 inch lower than the passenger side. Is this soposed to be this way? Does anyone else notice this? (had my friends drive it down the driveway towards me and i now notice it doesnt seem to site even on the ground)

Well besides that ill post a list i have of the problems with my Z. (This is what im giving to the service people)

1. Front Tires - Feathering, Have been replaced 3 times already, problem still hasn’t been fixed. Inside of tread wearing faster than outside

2.Back Tires - Check to make sure there isn’t the same type of un-even wear, had the back tires replaced once due to inside wear.

3.Back - Wheel well on driver’s side sitting lower than on the passenger side by ½ inch. Distance between wheel well and top of tires.

4.Brake light keeps coming on. It happens when you accelerate moderately or are breaking hard. Stays on.
When the brake light comes on about 10 seconds after the VDC Off light comes on and the SLIP light comes on. Airbag light has come on a few times, but not as common.

5.When turning to the right there is a noise on the outside that sounds like scratching/ creaking. Maybe coming from driver’s side front. Very loud sometimes, sounds like something is about to break off.

6.Growl / rumbling when slowing down from 30 mph or above.

7.Vehicle has shaken side to side / up and down (like going over potholes on both sides at the same time).

8.Second gear grind. Doesn’t happen often, but I’ve already had the transmission replaced once for a third gear grind; want to make sure its not going to occur more often. (Seems like clutch doesn’t fully disengage after first gear)

9.Driver’s side door window doesn’t stay closed. When opening the door and then closing it the window drops down about half way. When you try to close it from the inside you have to hold the button in the close position until you hear a click in the door, then it stops it from doing it, but will reoccur if you open window.

10.Grease Streaks on passenger and Drivers Window.

11. Driver’s seat side is breaking apart. Plastic is broken and it scratching the seat

12.Driver’s seat slides about ½ inch when going around turn or stopping. Seems like its clicking off something.

13.PSI indicator not correct, always telling me to low when its correct tire pressure.

14.There are creaks from the inside of dashboard. Sounds like its coming from the passenger foot well or the center area.

15.Clutch petal squeaks when depressed. You can hear it from outside of the car as well.

16.When going from reverse to 1st or vice versa, it sounds like the rear axle is clicking like its loose.

17.When switching gears you can hear a high pitched squeak. Like a blow-off valve.

Most of this stuff was said to have been fixed without any luck. Going to different dealership so hopefully they might get it right. This is going to be my fourth time trying to get this Z fixed. It also only has 20,534 mile on it.
-Rich-
Old 03-25-2004, 08:49 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Darn..

Who is your NNA Rep?

Has your car been lowered? A half inch right to left is a lot..

One Stock spring and one lowering spring is what I was thinking.

That is probably not the case.... but I'd get that puppy on a hoist and start looking for damage...

Sound like you need to dump the car and get the Roadster..

Cheers Amy -

Cut your losses..
Old 03-26-2004, 03:25 AM
Shadowrwr

The car hasnt been lowered. So its just something strange. Hopefully i can get a roadster.
-Rich-
Old 03-26-2004, 10:39 AM
boxsterkiller

Do'nt feel alone I also have the exact problems as you. Have had a tranny replaced, seat bottom and back skins replaced getting nappy, rear axles creaking removed , relubed and retorqued , window up and down said it was a program problem goes away comes back, sqeal from clutch said it was normal some BS about synchro mesh, seat moved repalced whole seat bottom, front tire feathering replaced fron ttires and recently noticed that the setting were off opn the rears too, grease streaks 2x, dash rattles and vibration galore had to raise hell for them to do it 3xs stil have some ticking on rear strut tower bar (like morese code)
bakes worn prematurly at 10K, leaky valve cover gaskets, shorted out throttle body, key fob trunck release sometimes no open, etc. etc. got a big *** stack of work orders and alot of scratches and marring or plastic, broken clips on my 3rd dealer they all suck. Good luck!I am a hardcore japanese car enthus. pre order Z owner very disappointed Going through a law siut w/ NNA was going to get 04 but suspension problems not addressed. getting money back and hopefully by 2008 when Skyline comes to US Nissan hopefully gets there head out of ther ***!
Old 03-26-2004, 12:22 PM
mode101

Originally posted by Shadowrwr
Hopefully i can get a roadster.
-Rich-
you have had all these problems? read about all these other people having problems, and your STILL going to get another Z if they buy that turd off you ???

I've got a roadster, and the tranny shifts like crap, the tires are feathering ...

What am i missing here ? You like punishment ? Cut your losses, take the money and run.

Last edited by mode101; 03-26-2004 at 12:27 PM.