Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

I Contacted Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002 | 10:36 AM
ZCARDRIVER

Default I Contacted Nissan

THEY SAID THAT THEY WOULD LET THE ENGINEERING DEPT KNOW. AND HAVE A NICE DAY. OTHER THAN THAT I GUESS ALL I CAN SAY IS KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR 350Z BECAUSE IT ONLY TAKES A FEW SECONDS AND THEY CAN GET IN AND DISABLE THE NISSAN ALARM.
Old 12-06-2002 | 10:41 AM
MustGoFastR

Well, come on, man, tell us, so we can be aware. I can see no reason not to tell us. Again at least PM us if you don't want to publicly post the info.
Old 12-06-2002 | 11:44 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict
Premier Member

Default Re: I Contacted Nissan

Originally posted by ZCARDRIVER
THEY SAID THAT THEY WOULD LET THE ENGINEERING DEPT KNOW. AND HAVE A NICE DAY. OTHER THAN THAT I GUESS ALL I CAN SAY IS KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR 350Z BECAUSE IT ONLY TAKES A FEW SECONDS AND THEY CAN GET IN AND DISABLE THE NISSAN ALARM.
What exactly are you referring to Does this pertain to another thread you started?
Old 12-06-2002 | 11:50 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict
Premier Member

Never mind I just saw your original post.
Old 12-06-2002 | 01:28 PM
Moroccan_Mole

located on the left side of the keyboard is the caps lock button, please use it.
Old 12-06-2002 | 03:51 PM
jtree007
Charter Member #53

Originally posted by Moroccan_Mole
located on the left side of the keyboard is the caps lock button, please use it.
Old 12-06-2002 | 04:44 PM
Old Skooler

Once again...
Attached Thumbnails I Contacted Nissan-capslock.gif  
Old 12-06-2002 | 05:12 PM
LA-Z

Umm sorry guys but I'm going to have to call ********. Like someone else said, there are much bigger issues trying to steal a car then breaking in & disabling the alarm. Now there may be a prob. with the alarm and it has an ease to how it can be turned off, but as far as the actually breaking in part, I can't see how it can be that easy.
Old 12-06-2002 | 08:31 PM
dragonbz99

did you forget to lock your car
Old 12-06-2002 | 09:55 PM
ZCARDRIVER

I did'nt forget to lock the car. This is'nt some riddle. This is"nt some joke. Car theives and criminals looking to just break into your car and steal stuff can get in in a few seconds. Me posting how they got into the car would be stupid. Anyone reading this would be able to do it and thats not info I want out there.
Old 12-06-2002 | 11:10 PM
mikeyngo

Cars will be broken into no matter how secure it is. So just chill. It happens. If a highly skilled auto thief wanted your car, then you won't be seeing your car ever again.

Most thiefs are amateurs. I have my honda broken, stolen, and striped a couple of times. I had a stock alarm (which wasn't a good alarm), and a Clifford G4 with backup siren proxi sensors, etc... Got broken into so many times.

Anyways, with most alarms out there. Its fairly easy to break into a car. This is what I've experieced seeing my car dismantled and was told by the insurance company.

1. Alarm is getting its power from the car battery...
-Solution 1: break the window, pop the hood, and ripe the power battery off... 15 secs.
-Solution 2: use a big magnet, de-magnatize the battery by waving the magnet over the battery.
-Solution 3: alarm frequency tracking device.
-Solution 4: tow truck.
-Solution 5: Rip the door handle off (Happened to my honda)
etc.. etc.. etc...

There's no way you can eliminate these crimes. You can *sometimes* prevent these situations though.

What I would suggest is a backup siren also. Its a horn with a indepedance power source. It can be hidden anywhere in the car. Fuel cut-off switch is another suggestion.

All I can say is, if someone really wants to break into your car, they will... If you have a 4000 dollar alarm that talks or something, if they really wanted it, they will get ur car...
Old 12-07-2002 | 01:45 AM
z461

Depends what car you have..The Mercedes S-class and BMW 7-series w/ protection packages are damn near impossible to break into. Kevlar reinforced extra thick high-tensile steel doors, along with bulletproof glass windows that can't be fully rolled down, and special exterior parts locked down to prevent exterior dissasembly prevent these vehicles from being easily broken into.
Old 12-07-2002 | 06:39 AM
grogsnorf

Steal my Bose system.......please!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey that aint a bad idea...hmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 12-12-2002 | 05:15 AM
ScottC

Originally posted by z461
Depends what car you have..The Mercedes S-class and BMW 7-series w/ protection packages are damn near impossible to break into. Kevlar reinforced extra thick high-tensile steel doors, along with bulletproof glass windows that can't be fully rolled down, and special exterior parts locked down to prevent exterior dissasembly prevent these vehicles from being easily broken into.
They are also $80K+
Old 12-12-2002 | 01:27 PM
DaedelGT

If they really want the car they will bring a flat bed. Its the honest truth. You can do nothing about it, parked in the open.
Old 12-12-2002 | 01:41 PM
Slareau02

Actually the protection package versions of those cars are well over 100k. You are thinking of the normal model.
Old 12-13-2002 | 05:46 AM
chicago350z

BFD. all a thief has to do is break the window and steal all your **** without ever unlocking the door. the alarm will never go off. as far as the door handles go, who cares? to disable the alarm all you need to do is drill a hole thru the body next to the battery. then drill thru the battery. acid leaks, the power is gone.
if we all worried about this, the car would be in the garage forever.
Old 12-13-2002 | 07:11 AM
ChicagoEZ

chicago350z? did you eat at gene and gorgettis like two weeks ago and park your Lemans on the sidewalk ?
Old 12-13-2002 | 07:19 AM
chicago350z

ok i just tried the valet key to open the door when locked. the alarm doesn't go off. i really don't like that setup. honda had a setup with the factory alarm where there was a little "valet switch" hidden on the stereo controls. the valet key would set off the alarm but once the key was in the ignition and the valet button pressed, it would disarm.

clarify: can the alarm be disabled from the door handle? it it can, this is a BFD if it's as easy as you say it is.

chicagoez- read sig. silverstone. i did take it to lower wacker last night and race an '03 A4 tho.
Old 12-13-2002 | 09:30 AM
ZCARDRIVER

they did everything right through the door handle. opened the doors, windows and disabled the alarm. its a big problem. whatcha gonna do though. would be nice if nissan would pay for the deductible, but they will not. it was vandalized in their words and nissans "would never pay for damage from those circumstances". the reason this car was broken into was because of the ease. the reason it's so easy is i because of a design fault. therefore i say nissan should issue a bulletin to fix this problem and pay for my damages. but really, do you think they care ? i already own and paid for the car so F--K me. the dealership was nice, they seemed genuinely concerned. they're not fixxing it for free but at least the sympathy was nice. actually everyone whom i've told of the record breaking 1 1/2 hours of ownership before the break in was really bummed out.

Quick Reply: I Contacted Nissan