Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Front main Seal problem and Dealer service problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 05:43 PM
TeesTru350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front main Seal problem and Dealer service problem

Ok now this is the 2nd time I have taken my Z to the dealership for work under the warranty. All for the same problem the front main seal. The first time that I took it was because the car had an oil drip mind you the car only has 12,000 miles on it. Anyways I have a rack at my house and put it on the rack and noticed that there was oil slung everywhere and saw some seepage coming from under the crank pulley (front main seal). Anyways so I took it in and they said that they saw the leak and fixed it and yes it was the front main seal. Now that was the first time I took it in. No more I got it home the damn thing was leaking again.
So today I just got my car back after 3 days of fighting with the dealership and them telling me that they can't find the leak. Now they didn't say that there wasn't one they just said they couldn’t' find it lol (Figure that one out). Well they said they cleaned all the oil out of the engine bay and let it sit overnight with cardboard under it and no leaks at all. Well guess what I get it home and behold oil all over under the car.
This comes to show the dealerships aren't there to please you or make you happy they are there to do what best suits them. Another funny thing is usually when you loosen a bolt you can tell that it has had a wrench or a socket on it the crank bolt looks as if it has never been touched.

I don't know where anyone here lives but if you live near the St.Louis MO area don't ever get your vehicle serviced at Auffinberg O’Fallon in IL they are just a pain to deal with.

Oh and to top it all off I drove about a mile down the road after picking the car up and noticed to extra noise coming from the engine and decided to pull over to see what was wrong... Ya the Plastic engine cover was missing so I had to turn around and get it. He got it for me and asked me to pop the hood so he could put it on for me. I said don’t touch my ****in car you have done enough thanks.

Well thanks for listening lol I just needed to get this off my chest. If anyone has any ideas on how to deal with these retards please feel free to respond.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Nano

my friend had same problem, fixed under warranty.. and everything turned out fine.

he did not notice the leak from the oil, he noticed it because the stock crank pulley was wobbling.

Change dealer
Old 08-05-2005, 03:03 AM
TeesTru350Z

Thats odd I took a closer look at mine yesterday and the crank pully on mine was wobbling also.... sucks to see someone else was having the problem but nice to see I'm not the only one with it.