Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Squeeky Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 08:18 AM
GSRto350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Squeeky Brakes

For the last month my brakes have become more and more squeeky then goes away for a day or so and comes back again. I took it to the dealer, the Tech drove the car with me in the passanger seat and of coarse they didn't squeek. So he said he would add some lub to help it out. The next day I was back to squeeky stops.

Any one else having this happen? Any one have this fixed and know what it is? Please help if you can, thanks.
Old 12-16-2002, 11:45 PM
ppw350Z

can't help you on the issue can only tell you in the past month i've owned my car i've heard the squeak a few times. i'm hoping it just goes away or dosen't get any worse if it does i will take it to the dealer.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:50 AM
stiv

Wow! I thought this only happened with the Brembos.

I own a Track model with 401 miles on the clock. My Brembos have squeaked since I drove the car off the lot with 12 miles on the clock. It doesn't happen often. I'd say that the noise is audible every 50-75 miles or so and it only occurs at low speeds (i.e. stoplights or driveways). However, when the noise is there, it's almost shrill. People at stoplights probably think I got a lemon. I hope that's not true. Other posts have referred to glazed rotors as the possible cause but I'm not so sure. I really hope that the situation corrects itself soon because if I can help it, I'd like to avoid having the car serviced prior to the break-in period. I know that sounds paranoid but I just saw Ferris Buehller's Day Off. No premature joy rides in my car... I don't care how long they've been turning wrenches...

Additionally, in the Japanese Best Motoring (or Hot Versions) video, there is this one part where a guy's driving a FairladyZ version S (Track) through the streets of Tokyo. Everytime he pulls up to a stoplight, you hear the dreaded noise... Maybe it's a fairly common problem...