Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Power seat problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 04:17 PM
maximumsportZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power seat problem

Seems like my driver seat wont slide when you push on the switch, but the other switch for the back rest will go up and down.

When I push the slide switch the lights in the interior dim a little so i Know theres power going to it.. Could the motor be shot?? Anyone experience this??

Is there a way manually to move it??

Thanks
Old 10-21-2005, 04:39 PM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
Seems like my driver seat wont slide when you push on the switch, but the other switch for the back rest will go up and down.

When I push the slide switch the lights in the interior dim a little so i Know theres power going to it.. Could the motor be shot?? Anyone experience this??

Is there a way manually to move it??

Thanks
I just had the same thing happen to me. My drivers seat was clicking for a few days and then stopped moving back and forth. Luckly it was in the full back position. It still reclined. I took mine to my local Nissan dealer and they replaced the lower seat pan or something like that, the part with the motor in it and now it works like a charm. If you are under 35k miles, abuse the dealer at all costs!!! I just got a new headlight as well becasue the drivers side one was hazing at ONLY 28k miles.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:23 PM
maximumsportZ

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
I just had the same thing happen to me. My drivers seat was clicking for a few days and then stopped moving back and forth. Luckly it was in the full back position. It still reclined. I took mine to my local Nissan dealer and they replaced the lower seat pan or something like that, the part with the motor in it and now it works like a charm. If you are under 35k miles, abuse the dealer at all costs!!! I just got a new headlight as well becasue the drivers side one was hazing at ONLY 28k miles.
Thanks! I will take it in I have about 33k. I just hate taking it to the dealer.. At least it still in the full back postition, and just like yours it reclines.. I'm still debating if i should take it in. lol I mean ONLY I drive it.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:53 AM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! I will take it in I have about 33k. I just hate taking it to the dealer.. At least it still in the full back postition, and just like yours it reclines.. I'm still debating if i should take it in. lol I mean ONLY I drive it.
I hear you, but you have to do what you have to do to get it working right.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:29 AM
BAM

I had the same problem and missed a local ride because of it my girlfriends does the same thing. The next day it started working again and the dealer could not replicate the problem so it wasn't fixed. Take your car in now while it's not working or you won't get it fixed.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:08 AM
maximumsportZ

lol yea yea, its the motor or something, i was messing with it today and i hit the motor a bit like you do a starter, and its working fine now... but thats not good future use will soon kill it.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Spry some electrical cleaner into the switch and move it a few times. I was having the same problem but it was with my seat back switch. Sprayed cleaner and it was fixed!
Old 01-24-2010, 07:38 PM
FTD350z

lol yea yea, its the motor or something, i was messing with it today and i hit the motor a bit like you do a starter, and its working fine now... but thats not good future use will soon kill it.
Thanks for that tip im going to have to try that so i can fix my seat so i can reach the peddals and be able to look over the dash lol. Im kinda short and the seats all the way to the back position and so is the recline lmao.

WOW didnt realize how old this thread was haha

Last edited by FTD350z; 01-24-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 AM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

My drivers seat will not move/adjust forward or backward AGAIN.

Yes I cleaned the switch with electircal contact cleaner and tried compressed air.

I am wondering if I can reasonably conclude that it is the switch and not the (seat) motor?

Has anyone been through this more than once ?