Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Brakes on my touring 6 speed are loud

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 07:39 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Brakes on my touring 6 speed are loud

Originally posted by mfrunlimited
I have 7k miles on my z and I just noticed that when i come to a normal stop there is a loud dull roaring sound coming from my front brakes. It sounds exactly like the sound of tires that have low treads and that need to be replace. My BMW tires road noice was just like what my Z's brakes sound like now when they needed to be replaced. Any suggestions?
Check the inside edges of your tires for abnormal wear. I'll bet money that your tires are feathered because at the same mileage as you my tires ROAR like crazy. If they are feathered, please call NNA at 1800NISSAN1 and file a case.

Brakes do not roar unless you've completely eaten through the pads and are grinding the rotors.
Old 12-30-2002, 08:20 PM
themyst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Brakes on my touring 6 speed are loud

Originally posted by droidekaus
Check the inside edges of your tires for abnormal wear. I'll bet money that your tires are feathered because at the same mileage as you my tires ROAR like crazy. If they are feathered, please call NNA at 1800NISSAN1 and file a case.

Brakes do not roar unless you've completely eaten through the pads and are grinding the rotors.
Yep... my performance 6spd is in service for this problem... along with a failed steering mechanism and tranny. You should get awarded new tires and an alignment as this seems to be a common problem.