Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Nissan Recall on 52,400 350Z's

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 07:23 AM
boma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took my car to Tom Peacock Nissan in Houston after scheduling an appointment on Friday. On Friday they told me to bring it on in and it should take the whole day.

Well I took it in after arranging my cousin to follow me, so I would have a ride home. As soon as I get there, I inform them I'm there for the 350Z Fuel Hose Recall. The service manager tells me the part is not there yet and I should call back in two weeks...

They have just wasted my time again and now my cousin's. I have already sumbitted a complaint to NNA and Tom Peacock Nissan through the form on their website.

The reason why we should pickit is so other people and the media know. We can tell each other on the forums as much as we want, Nissan's not going to care until we bring it to the public view.

Nissan sucks, I've never had this bad service at Honda or Toyota.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:33 AM
bixby

Originally Posted by jomaxum
Anyone who has their dealer do this is crazy. There is no way it will ever be the same afterwards. Rattles, missing parts, loose bolts and nuts will be far worse than the possibilty of a fuel leak. Any recall now is based on ultraconservative information. Until I detect an actual problem of leaking fuel this will not be done to my car. If it is ever needed I will sell it after it is done.

In my opinion, the car will be more unsafe after a dealer does this kind my major teardown. Thanks, but no thanks.
So, are you a master mechanic? I actually think you're stupid if you don't. I saw the hoses after they were replaced. They were cracked!! It may have been several years before a leak started, but it could have been weeks or months as well. It's basically just pulling exhaust and dropping the rear end.. I don't consider that major at all.

Mine is done... The only regret..... Not having them install Nismo exhaust while they were at it . Oh well.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Sevs2k

Originally Posted by 99atlantic

option 3, don't have it done. Ooooh no, the service manage said to have it done, well no **** - they'd lose their job if they discouraged you against doing it
It seems that the consensus so far is that the hoses ARE cracking, if that is the case then I will probably end up doing it in the next two months.

I will just wait till they gain some more experience and then have mine done or maybe sell it...

Sev
Old 03-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Road Warrior

well what if your not all stock, as in aftermarket exhaust, coilover, and sway bars. yes, a different story because they don't have replacement parts for those when they tear them down. this sucks and i don't trust the dealer to touch my car....this is no exaggeration. i have NEVER had a good job done at the dealer for anything except for maybe just an oil change and even then they can leave an oil cap off or not tighten down the drain plug, etc, etc, etc. this is a delima because i do realize that it could be a danger....but i am going to take my chances for a while.

if the car goes up in flames i just buy the gtr when it comes out.

good luck to those taking their cars into the dealers thats all i can say

rw...out
Old 03-20-2006, 11:21 AM
stevew

Had my recall done at Mossy Nissan in Poway, no problems so far.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:26 AM
red350zguy
Banned

Just got mine back from the dealership, had it done today, and all seems fine, no problems. Went into a parking lot with alot of speed bumps and over a couple of sets of railroad tracks, and heard no wierd noses or rattles. Then I took it on the interstate and bough her up to 100mph and had no vibrations. Seems just like it was before I took it in, spoke to the tech that did it, and he said it really isn't that big of deal, after you do a couple and learn the ins and outs, he also showed me my hoses and hoses from a couple others he did, and sure as sh*t everyone of them had cracks. I am very glad I took it in and had it done, and was very impressed with thier work. It nice to have peace of mind that the car is safe, because after seeing those hoses, I know for sure the car was not safe, it's not worth risking your life and those of others by not having this done.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:45 AM
Road Warrior

hey if the car catches fire you get a new one....so an 06 or a gtr will do just fine!

hey, has anyone blowed up yet?

if you have, can you tell us what that that experience was like?

life is risky, what if a drunk driver hits you, or something like that?

what if the dealer forgot to tighten your lugnuts, or a suspension bar, or didn't put a clamp on one of those fuel hoses...have you guys been down there to inspect their work?

no thanks, i will take my chances and see what happens. if i go at least i go out in my z....and someone in my family gets very rich...thats worth it to me.

later kidz
Old 03-20-2006, 11:55 AM
ridemyjansen

Old 03-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Nano

Originally Posted by Road Warrior
no thanks, i will take my chances and see what happens. if i go at least i go out in my z....and someone in my family gets very rich...thats worth it to me.

later kidz
you won't have much of a case if you refuse to do the recall, lol. Actually, you could have liabilitites and get sued

If you do the recall, and then have a failure, you might have something
Old 03-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Road Warrior

who's to say i ever received the notice....they should send out registered notices so that owners are certain they receive the recall

still, not taking the car in until i gain some confidence in a dealer that can do the job w/o screwing something up...anyone know of a dealer in or around sacto area that they completely trust?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:50 PM
zdotcom

I got a call from my dealership to bring it in. Took it today and got a loaner for 3 hours and they even detailed it.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:58 PM
m0nkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PETERPIT
I got a call from my dealership to bring it in. Took it today and got a loaner for 3 hours and they even detailed it.
did nissan give you a loaner??? if they did, thats nice service.. but i won't trust them with the car wash AT ALL... in fact, i always demand no wash after services.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Nano

it appears INFINITI FX35/FX45 is affected by this hose issue too.

almost 200 000 vehicles...

http://www.internetautoguide.com/aut...ase/index.html

Last edited by Nano; 03-20-2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:06 PM
red350zguy
Banned

The recall notice goes to your insurance company as well, if you don't do the recall and the guy catchs on fire, you don't get sh*t, period.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:11 PM
ANXIOUZ

I'm not so sure about that. This is a "voluntary" recall so it's not mandatory. I think the insurance company would try to screw you but you could easily fight it.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:33 PM
red350zguy
Banned

If your car has a problem (like catches on fire) related to the recall, and you choose not to do the recall, you get nothing, call your insurance company and ask.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:35 PM
zdotcom

Originally Posted by m0nkie
did nissan give you a loaner??? if they did, thats nice service.. but i won't trust them with the car wash AT ALL... in fact, i always demand no wash after services.
They actually got me shuttled over to Enterprise and I got a Toyota Corolla for free for the day and for $6 I upgraded to a Chrysler 300 (pretty smooth ride). The dealership picked up the remaining $30.

As for the detail, it looked awesome. Even vacuumed and dressed the tires. Too bad it rained all day. Bob Howard Nissan in Edmond (Oklahoma City), OK is the best customer service around. I got the free rental when they fixed and replaced my tire cupping, skipping radio. Now they call me on the recall and fit me in within 24 hours, with a rental. Worth the drive (60 miles) to OKC for service.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:24 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red350zguy
If your car has a problem (like catches on fire) related to the recall, and you choose not to do the recall, you get nothing, call your insurance company and ask.
sorry man, maybe you have a crappy ins co or something. but an ins company can't tell you that you MUST do a voluntary vehicle recall. they also can't deny a claim based on that. if you think otherwise, show me a case where this happened.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:22 PM
boma

Well how can they rely on us to do the recall when we have to read it on a car forum.

It recall shouldn't take into affect until we get a letter in the mail or a phone call or email.
Old 03-21-2006, 03:43 AM
red350zguy
Banned

My insurance company is Nationwide, and before you make a statement like that, you best do your homework, because there have been 100's of cases, with the Ford explorer catching on fire and the insurance companies not paying thier customers, because they did not have the recall done.

Quick Reply: Nissan Recall on 52,400 350Z's