Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Nissan Recall on 52,400 350Z's

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 06:24 PM
99atlantic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red350zguy
Holy Sh*t, I can not believe you guys are making such a big deal of this, it's just a f*cking car and this is a safety issue. Even if the dealership screws it up totally, then tell them they just bought your car for what you paid, and you will take that nice 2006 over there, if they do what they are supposed to do and do it right, then you have no worries. But if you don't do it and the car does catch on fire, you are putting your life and possibly other's life's at risk. You can replace the f*cking car, but you can't replace a person's life. Get over it already, it's just a car.

your post is about as stupid as the post where the person says they can hardly wait for their car to catch on fire so they can sue Nissan
Old 03-24-2006, 06:43 PM
marhot

...Even if the dealership screws it up totally, then tell them they just bought your car for what you paid, and you will take that nice 2006 over there, if they do what they are supposed to do and do it right, then you have no worries.
Good joke.

But if you don't do it and the car does catch on fire, you are putting your life and possibly other's life's at risk. You can replace the f*cking car, but you can't replace a person's life.
Duly noted, red350zguy, and risked accepted.

Get over it already, it's just a car.
Heresy! It is not just another car. IT. IS. A. 350Z.

And, frankly, I love the way mine is now. I don't want some kid fresh out of trade school with a 8th grade reading and comprehension level disassembling, ‘applying an index mark’, and then reassembling to factory specs my Zs, rear suspension & drive shaft.

You obviously have not been on this board long. Read all 14 pages of this thread and this: http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/.../NTB06-014.htm

Oh, and good luck with your Z and having this work done. And then remember that, as the next time you are doing about 120 MPH in your Z, your remark about ‘putting your life at risk’ and that ‘ if the dealership screws it up totally, then tell them they just bought your car for what you paid, and you will take that nice 2006 over there’.

Hopefully, if the ‘dealership screws it up’ you’ll live to enjoy your new ‘nice 2006’.

Happy trails, amigo.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:44 PM
red350zguy
Banned

I already had the recall done and it wasn't done by some kid, it was done by a master tech, the dealership here has got thier sh*t together. I did take on the interstate and boughtt it up to a little over 100mph and it was fine, felt just like it was before the recall. Yeah it's a 350Z, but it's still just a car and can be replaced. And it's a good thing you guys that aren't getting this done aren't in Orlando. Because if your car did catch on fire, and hurt one of my family or friends, you wouldn't have to worry about it, because you wouldn't be around. And 99Atlantic got to give congrats to you, for being the biggest as*hole on any board I ever seen.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:15 PM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by Todd-350Z
Quiet a few of the so called dealership "mechanics" are just dumb kids who couldn't cut it in school, had bad grades and settled for a trade.

Yeah - I want these guys tearing the rear end completely out of my flawless 12K mile 350Z and then attempting to reassembling the countless bolts and pieces they removed, spec the shaft and other components according to the markings they were supposed to record beforehand.

yeah...your absolutely right, some of these grease monkeys at the dealerships are former juvenile hall delinquents. They got theirs jobs just because they know someone working there. Just keep an eye on these kids.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:14 PM
99atlantic

Originally Posted by Ztalker
yeah...your absolutely right, some of these grease monkeys at the dealerships are former juvenile hall delinquents. They got theirs jobs just because they know someone working there. Just keep an eye on these kids.
I saw one of them "Detailing" a g35 on the lot with paper towels once
Old 03-25-2006, 06:09 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I already had the recall done and it wasn't done by some kid, it was done by a master tech, the dealership here has got thier sh*t together. I did take on the interstate and boughtt it up to a little over 100mph and it was fine, felt just like it was before the recall. Yeah it's a 350Z, but it's still just a car and can be replaced. And it's a good thing you guys that aren't getting this done aren't in Orlando. Because if your car did catch on fire, and hurt one of my family or friends, you wouldn't have to worry about it, because you wouldn't be around. And 99Atlantic got to give congrats to you, for being the biggest as*hole on any board I ever seen.
Threats of physical violence and name calling isn't acceptable here. Please review the ToU. Thank you.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:50 AM
angelico

When are they saying that your vehicle can potentially catch on fire. While driving/starting/ or they just dont know. Also what is the reason for not wanting them to just replace the hoses? I really dont want to read 15 pages, is it just the fact of being worried about finding a good nissan tech thats not 19yrs old and getting 10hr.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by angelico
When are they saying that your vehicle can potentially catch on fire. While driving/starting/ or they just dont know. Also what is the reason for not wanting them to just replace the hoses? I really dont want to read 15 pages, is it just the fact of being worried about finding a good nissan tech thats not 19yrs old and getting 10hr.
in order to replace those hoses being recalled by nissan, the Zs exhaust system, the rear axle and the drive shaft have to be dropped to access those hoses by the gas tank...not an easy task. Some forum members worry about possible shabby workmanship performed by some techs.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:57 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Originally Posted by Ztalker
in order to replace those hoses being recalled by nissan, the Zs exhaust system, the rear axle and the drive shaft have to be dropped to access those hoses by the gas tank...not an easy task. Some forum members worry about possible shabby workmanship performed by some techs.

Wow .. how long will this process take and will they still do my z if im deployed for at least the next 8 months ?????????
Old 03-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Ztalker

they said three hours...probably longer, don't hold your breath though.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:21 AM
showstoppertk

Originally Posted by jonb7007
Wow .. how long will this process take and will they still do my z if im deployed for at least the next 8 months ?????????
yes, recalls are good for 10 yrs from the original purchase date of your Z.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:33 AM
showstoppertk

And 99Atlantic got to give congrats to you, for being the biggest as*hole on any board I ever seen.
damn it, I guess I'm not the top a$$hole on red350zguy's list. I'm hurt.

You know something showstopper, your an ******* and I hope if any car burns, yours does. An isurance company will only settle out of court if it is in thier best interest to, or else they will use all thier resources to win the case. Two I edit my post for errors, I am not the greatest typist, nor do I claim to be. Guess I didn't goto typing school like you. And 3rd if you weren't such an ******* I would have posted the link, and maybe if you learn how to search the net, you could find it yourself, took me all of 10 seconds to find it.
to the mods, plz note that this is not the first time "red" has been calling fellow members names...
Old 03-25-2006, 12:32 PM
marhot

Originally Posted by angelico
... is it just the fact of being worried about finding a good nissan tech thats not 19yrs old and getting 10hr.

Check this out to see what is involved on the service.

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/.../NTB06-014.htm

Yes, I am worried.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:33 PM
marhot

Originally Posted by jonb7007
Wow .. how long will this process take ....??
To repeat, check out what is involved.

Old 03-25-2006, 01:41 PM
aiko

Originally Posted by marhot
To repeat, check out what is involved.

I can't believe that Nissan USA is only reimbursing the dealer for only 2.3 hours of labor.... my god this looks more like would take 3.5 hours to do a dilligent and complete job...even by someone experienced...and even if they didn't reprogram the radio !!!
Attached Thumbnails Nissan Recall on 52,400 350Z's-06014-24.gif  

Last edited by aiko; 03-25-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:07 PM
boma

I just had my Fuel Hose Recall, Axle Click TSB, and oil change done at Tom Peacock Nissan. They did a great job and my car doesn't click anymore. Car seems fine and I got it up to about 85mph on the freeway. Just a little steering shake, but I may have had that before the fix.

They even washed my car. I am happy with Tom Peacock Nissan now. You really have to get on them though.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:09 PM
boma

It's better to change the fuel hose, have a rattle, and get the rattle fixed later. Versus not changing it and having the car catch on fire while you're driving with a loved one in the seat next to you.

I remember seeing a bus on the news with elderly people catch on fire on the exodus from houston during Hurricane Rita. The bus caught on fire and then exploded and burned to the ground. I would not want that to happen to me or my friends.

Plus if you get it done and something goes wrong, you then have grounds to get your money back.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:51 PM
red350zguy
Banned

Your wasting your breathe boma, they won't listen.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:58 PM
red350zguy
Banned

Originally Posted by showstoppertk
damn it, I guess I'm not the top a$$hole on red350zguy's list. I'm hurt.

to the mods, plz note that this is not the first time "red" has been calling fellow members names...

To the Mods, I am sorry for name calling, but as far as I am concerned if a person does not do this recall, and takes the risk of causing someone to lose thier life, then that person is an irresponsable assh*le.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:13 PM
cwerdna

Originally Posted by 240Zplus110
Unless your dealer has got real news, this is actually a "fuel tank filler tube" recall... not fuel tank and not fuel lines. It is made out of plastic and some have cracked... mainly due to stresses associated temperature extremes. Most problems were found in North Eastern climates but Nissan is playing it safe and recalling all -- since some eastern cars find their way out west.

Also affected are G35's and FX35/45's....
Sigh... Did you read over the documents at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...fsDocId=05V555 in particular
http://199.79.180.163/prepos/files/A...5V555-7693.PDF ? Notice that it mentions that the "fuel filler hose may crack from exposure to ozone due to an inappropriate quality control process"?

BTW, I had my recall work done last week. The person that called me back said they replaced the hoses but didn't know if mine were cracked. He did state (I don't remember the exact words) that they had seen some w/cracks, I believe usually higher mileage Zs.

Quick Reply: Nissan Recall on 52,400 350Z's