Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Well, i'm taking the problem list to talk to Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 08:48 AM
islandsnow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, i'm taking the problem list to talk to Nissan

Seems like NA want's to talk to some Z owners on their experiences so far good or bad. I'll take this list with me and see what they have to say. Anyone else going? Did anyone get their DVD's yet?
Old 01-24-2003, 12:03 PM
Boomer

Default Re: Well, i'm taking the problem list to talk to Nissan

Originally posted by islandsnow
Seems like NA want's to talk to some Z owners on their experiences so far good or bad. I'll take this list with me and see what they have to say. Anyone else going? Did anyone get their DVD's yet?
What's the occasion? Did you get an invitation from Nissan? Which problem list are you referring to?

I haven't received my DVD yet, it'll come soon, probably.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:47 PM
Stone Z

Please mention the horrible tires!
Old 01-24-2003, 06:27 PM
dam294

I got an invitation from my dealer. I had about a thirty minute meeting with a guy from Nissan Corp and one of the american designers of the Z. The dealership gave me a $100.00 credit to be used to pay for parts or service.

My dealer was Sutherlin Nissan Buford/Mall of Georgia.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:44 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by dam294
I got an invitation from my dealer. I had about a thirty minute meeting with a guy from Nissan Corp and one of the american designers of the Z. The dealership gave me a $100.00 credit to be used to pay for parts or service.

My dealer was Sutherlin Nissan Buford/Mall of Georgia.
Any idea why they picked you? May I/We ask what was discussed and what were the answers? Did the rep from Nissan indicate other owners would be interviewed? Did you have a specific list of problems w/your car only or were other problems from other owners covered as well? What were your impressions of the process?

I know I'm being pushy, but I, and others, are really curious about such a meeting as you just had. Any info you can share would be appreciated.

Thanks, Boomer
Old 01-24-2003, 09:48 PM
islandsnow

Default NA Meeting

Well, the questions were very basic. They wanted to know the likes and dislikes, like do you like the interior, do you like the exterior. They measured my glasses since they didn't fit in the sunglasses compartment and stuff like that. Lots of ergonomic questions, and stuff like do you like the gauges, how often do you use the trip computer and stuff like that. They asked about the stereo (bose). They took photos of my radar detector and how it was wired to the back plug and asked if 2 plugs would be better. They also took pictures of my grounding kit and i told him how it seemed to make the car feel better. They told me the service bulletin for the greasy window roller was coming out soon. They kept their mouth shut about any turbo version Z, but did say the convertible should be out in June, and they really didn't know when the nismo catalog will be coming out. I did give them the problem list from this 350Z site and we went down the list of the things i had problems with. Anyways, they seemed to be really appreciative of the Z buyers and want the future Z buyers to be just as happy so they are picking people randomly to interview. I guess this NA engineer travels around the country and wherever he goes, he visits 10-15 Z owners per dealership he visits. I guess he gives away some free stuff but i didn't get anything except the 100 credit at the dealership. I guess some guys got chrome Z license plate frames or Z key chains too. He said he didn't hear about the DVD, but will check on it since i didn't get mine yet. Oh yeah, i told him a lot of non Track owners want to buy the track rims, so he noted that. Hopefully Nissan America listens!!!
Old 01-25-2003, 01:05 AM
dam294

Same here. They asked questions about likes, dislikes. What would you change?

I brought up many of the things I've seen listed as problems on this site, even though I personally have not had many of those problems. Items I discussed in detail were the glasses holder (too small for my shades too ), cup holders, lack of easily accessable storage up front, location of the power port and how #$!@ cheap the nav door is.

They didn't seem suprised by any thing I mentioned. In fact the engineer said that they were working on some of them already. Like a power port up front (I think he said somewhere to the right of the drivers right leg) and he explained that they were in a hurry to finish resulting in the cheap #$!@ nav door and that they would probably do something about it soon.

The interview was recorded and they took notes. The NNA guy said that all the recorded interviews were being put on a CD to be sent back to Japan (Ithink for internal use) but no mention was made of a CD/DVD for Z owners.