Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Baby rattle

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006 | 01:20 AM
Chad68

Default Baby rattle

Yes I searched but want to know if anybody ever found the cause of this rattle.

I have an '06 and I have a dash rattle that sounds like it's coming from the Voltage guage or maybe the Oil PSI guage.

I was finally able to recreate the noise on occasion by thumping on the passenger side of the dash near the gauge cluster and that air vent. Sounds like it could be something behind the gauges, like a loose wire or something but sometimes it sounds like it could be the ring around the guages, where it meets the lens' or something else on the outside of the guages. Just when I think I have it pressed in the right spot and figured out how to get rid of it, it's not gone.
Old 05-14-2006 | 03:47 AM
Acidskie

I have one as well, but they seem to be in different places. Mine is coming from the passenger side. Sounds more from the door/side of the car than the dash though. GL on finding yours. I'm still in search as well.

P.S. Make sure you do not have any loose change in the dash compartment on the passenger side dash. (For your sake I hope it is that easy)
Old 05-14-2006 | 05:34 AM
Travisf@i-a-v.c

Originally Posted by Chad68
Yes I searched but want to know if anybody ever found the cause of this rattle.

I have an '06 and I have a dash rattle that sounds like it's coming from the Voltage guage or maybe the Oil PSI guage.

I was finally able to recreate the noise on occasion by thumping on the passenger side of the dash near the gauge cluster and that air vent. Sounds like it could be something behind the gauges, like a loose wire or something but sometimes it sounds like it could be the ring around the guages, where it meets the lens' or something else on the outside of the guages. Just when I think I have it pressed in the right spot and figured out how to get rid of it, it's not gone.
Yah, I bought the '05 used and it's always had the rattle right in front of me. Maybe it's that metal surrounding the gauges. Goes crazy on bumpy roads. Must fix.
Old 02-01-2007 | 05:24 PM
hobby10k

Default rattle

yea my car drives me nuts sometimes, I usally just drown the rattle out by turnin up the music. the mirror rattles all over, and cant find the damn rattle over in the passengers area, drives me nuts!!
Old 04-24-2007 | 06:17 PM
Ztalker

i recently(about two week ago) fixed my passenger side dash rattle. It was an annoying light vibrating type rattle, all i did was jamming a half inch thick of junk mail in between the windshield and the dash area near the right hand corner section. I have had no rattle since.
Old 04-24-2007 | 06:20 PM
BallZdeepNYC

I had a rattle also but after gettin 70% UV tint installed on my windshield it is gone
Old 05-08-2007 | 08:16 AM
Charles Field

Cool cdf6cdf6

my '04 has rattle on passengers side, but sounds like behind dash. Does anyone know if right side of dash can be easily remove. It is only getting worse