Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

what would be the problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007 | 11:36 AM
nightcrawler_8

Default what would be the problem

am sorry if am bringing any old topic.. but i dont really know whats the problem and it tried to sdearch but i couldnt find something close to what am facing

i dont really know if what am facing is a problem or just me not shifting the write way

the problem is when i drive normally (cruising) everything is fine and shift soo fine with no problems...

but today i was with my freind and he just baught new VW golf GTI and he wanted to know how storng is his car, so we decided to have a freindly race.. so we started and it was the first time push my car really far .. so i noticed the following: i started in 2nd gear .. and when the rev hits 6100- 6300 i pressed the clutch and 3rd and once i released the clutch i heard souind from the rear (buug) ,.,, also form 3rd to 4th the same and 4th to 5th.. and after we stoped there was a wiered smell
is that a problem or its just me not synchronizing my shifting and removing the clutch at the right time..

i would really aprreciate your help.. my warranty will be expired after 10 days.. so if there is a problem i should get it fixed before they charge me hell of money..

thanks again and sorry for the long explanation
Old 05-06-2007 | 11:46 AM
QuicksilverZ33

Originally Posted by nightcrawler_8
am sorry if am bringing any old topic.. but i dont really know whats the problem and it tried to sdearch but i couldnt find something close to what am facing

i dont really know if what am facing is a problem or just me not shifting the write way

the problem is when i drive normally (cruising) everything is fine and shift soo fine with no problems...

but today i was with my freind and he just baught new VW golf GTI and he wanted to know how storng is his car, so we decided to have a freindly race.. so we started and it was the first time push my car really far .. so i noticed the following: i started in 2nd gear .. and when the rev hits 6100- 6300 i pressed the clutch and 3rd and once i released the clutch i heard souind from the rear (buug) ,.,, also form 3rd to 4th the same and 4th to 5th.. and after we stoped there was a wiered smell
is that a problem or its just me not synchronizing my shifting and removing the clutch at the right time..
i would really aprreciate your help.. my warranty will be expired after 10 days.. so if there is a problem i should get it fixed before they charge me hell of money..

thanks again and sorry for the long explanation
That used to happen to me when I first learned how to drive the Z. As I got better, it went away, hence the highlighted sentence.
Old 05-06-2007 | 11:51 AM
nightcrawler_8

Originally Posted by QuicksilverZ33
That used to happen to me when I first learned how to drive the Z. As I got better, it went away, hence the highlighted sentence.
thanks mate ..

but i am really trying my best to shift right, but when i try to shift quick this happens.. would there be anything i have to check ??? i mean what may cause the problem that i can check so that i let them check it before the warranty is over .

thanks
Old 05-06-2007 | 01:37 PM
nightcrawler_8

any ideas ???
Old 05-06-2007 | 04:16 PM
QuicksilverZ33

try not to let the rpm's drop as much...thats what is prolly making the sound/thump in the rear
Old 05-06-2007 | 05:40 PM
tkrienke

Plus, the exhaust/gas smell is normal after hard acceleration. Unless it is billowing clouds of white from the hood or exhaust. That's usually bad. Just a friendly tip.
Old 05-07-2007 | 07:52 AM
nightcrawler_8

bump bump
Old 05-09-2007 | 06:25 AM
Devirus

Your releasing the clutch too fast dude!
clutch before tranny...
Old 05-09-2007 | 06:27 AM
nightcrawler_8

Originally Posted by Devirus
Your releasing the clutch too fast dude!
clutch before tranny...
\

u will have to teach me :P hahah

thanks buddy