Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Ride Problem? Call..............

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 07:22 AM
Pedal Pusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride Problem? Call..............

Sports car = Bounce? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! Call Nissan at 1-800-647-7261. It will help if you have your VIN # ready.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:09 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Do you have any more info on this? How will it help? Are they aware of the problem and will do something about it? Won't they just say to take it to the dealer? (In my case that would not help at all)

-CZ
Old 02-28-2003, 11:31 AM
Boomer

Default Re: Ride Problem? Call..............

Originally posted by Pedal Pusher
Sports car = Bounce? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! Call Nissan at 1-800-647-7261. It will help if you have your VIN # ready.
What is up? Has Nissan officially recognized the Bounce as a severe problem? Who am I calling?
Old 02-28-2003, 11:34 AM
Pedal Pusher

Default Ride Problem?

There is strength in numbers and Nissan needs to know our experiences. They deserve to hear from us.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:18 PM
happypants

Default Re: Re: Ride Problem? Call..............

Originally posted by Boomer
What is up? Has Nissan officially recognized the Bounce as a severe problem? Who am I calling?
This is the Nissan USA consumer hotline, same # I called to open up a case file. It isn't a special # to get us better treatment.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:38 PM
Boomer

I just spoke with NNA, young guy named Stephen took my rants about the ride primarily, but I managed to get in the Alignment problem as well. I requested further contact from Nissan's suspension staff, which Mr. Steve, said he couldn't make them call me. I would suggest everyone start calling the NNA's number again about the ride/bounce so they will continue to build files on this continuing problem for many of us.

Call them today, if you can, as many of you as possible, to call attention to our demand this problem be solved. I told him he would be hearing from many of us, so please make it come true or they'll just blow me off and my file will be buried with all the others, in a black hole. Call again even if you have already called, TODAY, if we are to make any impact. Ten people calling about the same problem is a LOT, believe me, I worked in Public Service and numbers count, especially 10 or more.

Have your VIN# ready when you call. OK, Pedal Pusher?

Boomer
Old 02-28-2003, 12:51 PM
POWERZ

Hey guys -
I just called in as well and they opened up case for me. I too said that others would be calling regarding the issue, so please don't make me a liar! Please everyone, let them know that the problem is real and hopefully we can get it fixed!
Old 02-28-2003, 01:09 PM
happypants

I called again and updated my file, told Nissan that Gerald Nissan in Naperville, IL can duplicate the problem with at least three different 350Zs.

Nissan still wants me to take the car to the dealership to have it test driven, so I may have to do it in the next month or so.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:01 PM
Boomer

BE POLITE!

All callers please be polite to the people at NNA, they are just gophers in this situation. Blowing up at one of them could result in a lost complaint. THEY can't fix our cars, only the engineers and management people can do that, but first, our message needs to get to them. Pissing off the gatekeepers is very bad business, just be polite and VERY firm, you expect Nissan to fix our problem, especially if they are doing running changes to the cars coming out now.

BE POLITE!

Last edited by Boomer; 02-28-2003 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:46 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by happypants
I called again and updated my file, told Nissan that Gerald Nissan in Naperville, IL can duplicate the problem with at least three different 350Zs.

Nissan still wants me to take the car to the dealership to have it test driven, so I may have to do it in the next month or so.
Please don't wait for a month, or your input will be lost again. I am taking my car in Monday to document the problem with my dealer.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:08 PM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think there's anything wrong with the car. What it has to deal with is the combination of the dampening, spring rate, and wheelbase of the car. I do believe submitting these types of claims will cause Nissan to ignore the more important ones at hand such as the feathering of the front tires.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:21 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What problem?
Old 02-28-2003, 05:38 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Hedonist
I don't think there's anything wrong with the car. What it has to deal with is the combination of the dampening, spring rate, and wheelbase of the car. I do believe submitting these types of claims will cause Nissan to ignore the more important ones at hand such as the feathering of the front tires.
How are they ignoring the tire/alignment problems? People are getting the alignment problems fixed already, and have been for awhile. My dealer here had no problems looking at my car at 1000 miles to make sure it's toe in was fine.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:04 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by MannishBoy
How are they ignoring the tire/alignment problems? People are getting the alignment problems fixed already, and have been for awhile. My dealer here had no problems looking at my car at 1000 miles to make sure it's toe in was fine.
I also have had my alignment done and put my OWN new tires on. And for the last Goddamn Time, the wheelbase of the 350Z is not SHORT, it is 3.3" longer than the Camaro, Firebird, Mustang, RSX(all 101") AND A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER WOULD BE SPORTS(y) CARS. THE LENGTH OF THE WHEELBASE IS NOT A FACTOR IN THE RIDE. AT 104.3", IT IS 2"S SHORTER THAN MY WIFES 99 MAXIMA.

In case you missed it, hedonist, the Alignment issues are already subject to a TSB and most of us have already had it adjusted. Unless something else is wrong, my alignment is fine. The ride is not and it is a problem for some of us who have had our cars for a relatively long time and the shocks and springs ARE what we are bitching about and we will continue to ***** about it w/o your approval! Got it? You don't get to tell us what we should do about anything, period.

MannishBoy, I apologise for the rant on your post, I have lost my patience completely about the wheelbase B.S. and the fact we have flawed shocks and/or springs. Boomer
Old 02-28-2003, 07:08 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by The Rat's Z
What problem?
You are a lucky man. Why are you here?
Old 02-28-2003, 08:48 PM
happypants

A defect that shows up within the first 300-400 miles is much more important than tire feathering. And I thought the feathering issue is being addressed by Nissan. The porpoising/repeating bouncing problem has not as of yet.

I also have the grease on the window problem from the window rollers, but I can live with that.
Old 03-01-2003, 05:06 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll call today Boomer. We shouldn't have to put on $1500 NISMO kit to fix an obvious mismatched shock spring combo.
Old 03-01-2003, 05:25 AM
jmark

There is obviously something wrong with the shock/spring match if the NISMO full kit fixes the problem.........I think the shock is too soft for the springs.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:49 AM
jmark

It appears they are closed on the weekend. I will call Monday morning. I also sent me dealership owner an email outlining the problem. He is a Z enthusiast and a Nissan board advisory member. I will let yall know what he thinks.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:08 AM
sgraham

Talking

I tried to call and they are closed (Sat). Will call Monday and log a complain (and will be polite). Like the groundswell going on, anyone else who hasn't called, please do. Strength in numbers.

Quick Reply: Ride Problem? Call..............