Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

problem. no power

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007 | 03:48 PM
JonnyRod

Default problem. no power

im experiencing a strange problem with my z. im hoping someone in here has a suggestion. every other day my car will lose all its power. when it is acting up it honestly takes me 30 seconds 0-60. it runs completely smooth with no sputtering. but this is only half the time. sometimes i will start it up and it will run perfect. its either perfect...or ****ty...no in between and i never know when its gonna be. ive taken it to the dealership numerous times but each time i do the z runs perfect. its not throwing any codes so NISSAN says there is nothing wrong. i live an hour away from the dealer so its hard to know when to make an appointment considering i have NO idea when its gonna act up. the engine light has never came on but when i try to set my cruise control the SET light blinks and does not work. if i rev up my engine out of gear its fine. but while driving...the tach moves VERY slow
Old 01-02-2007 | 03:54 PM
efx

Originally Posted by rs90808
im experiencing a strange problem with my z. im hoping someone in here has a suggestion. every other day my car will lose all its power. when it is acting up it honestly takes me 30 seconds 0-60. it runs completely smooth with no sputtering. but this is only half the time. sometimes i will start it up and it will run perfect. its either perfect...or ****ty...no in between and i never know when its gonna be. ive taken it to the dealership numerous times but each time i do the z runs perfect. its not throwing any codes so NISSAN says there is nothing wrong. i live an hour away from the dealer so its hard to know when to make an appointment considering i have NO idea when its gonna act up. the engine light has never came on but when i try to set my cruise control the SET light blinks and does not work. if i rev up my engine out of gear its fine. but while driving...the tach moves VERY slow
So you're saying that it only happens when you set cruise? I don't have the the enthu+ model, but I believe you can go to any schucks or automotive store and borrow their OBD reader everytime your CEL comes on.

Then you can find out what the codes mean online.

When does it lose power? When you're driving or when you start the engine?

Ive never heard a car lose power off and on. If that's the case, then something is loose.
Old 01-02-2007 | 03:55 PM
stein

If your cruise control "set" light is duplicatable, then have them look at that and tell them about the other problem if your are unable to duplicate it. I know, it sucks but it is the only way they can fix it without a SES light.
Old 01-02-2007 | 04:13 PM
JonnyRod

this is the thing. the SES light NEVER comes on. and whenever i bring it to NISSAN, it is not acting up so they say its running fine. its more frustrating than you can imagine. To explain it better...it feels like the car has 100 horspower if that but it still runs smooth and idles perfectly
Old 01-04-2007 | 12:13 AM
JonnyRod

anybody have any suggestions?