Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Driver door rattle

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 05:49 PM
LSRoadster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver door rattle

This is my second Z so I know it must be a common, first car was a coupe and now a ZR. somewhere inside the drivers side door there is something loose, as soon as there is any bass coming through the speakers I get a very annoying rattle, anyone know what it is and know how to fix it?
Old 02-01-2007, 05:51 PM
crowe

I have the same problem with the passenger side door, I thought it was my speakers at first, but I think it's the arm pad piece that's attached to the panel with the switches, I'd like to know if anyone has fixed this as well.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:02 PM
LSRoadster

Originally Posted by crowe
I have the same problem with the passenger side door, I thought it was my speakers at first, but I think it's the arm pad piece that's attached to the panel with the switches, I'd like to know if anyone has fixed this as well.
I know it is not the speakers, but something loose in the door panel, if I press on the door the rattle stops.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:52 AM
cubu

i have that in my passenger door, when i roll the window down more than an inch or so it stops, stops when i push the door in near the tweeter too
Old 02-06-2007, 07:03 AM
LSRoadster

Originally Posted by cubu
i have that in my passenger door, when i roll the window down more than an inch or so it stops, stops when i push the door in near the tweeter too
Mine dosent care where the window is, but when I push on the door is does stop.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:45 AM
y0shi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine passenger side door rattles too... anyone know what the exact problem is? and is there a fix for it?
Old 02-06-2007, 11:22 AM
LSRoadster

A lot of people seem to have this problem, yet when I call Nissan and ask them about it, they say that they have never heard of this.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:39 PM
dgz32

Originally Posted by LSRoadster
This is my second Z so I know it must be a common, first car was a coupe and now a ZR. somewhere inside the drivers side door there is something loose, as soon as there is any bass coming through the speakers I get a very annoying rattle, anyone know what it is and know how to fix it?
Had the same problem. Pulled the door skin off and tightened all screws as some were loose. I then placed pieces of foam material (had an adhesive strip and came in a roll - bought it from Home Depot) at several points where the clearance between the back of the skin and the door were close. Also doubled-up in the areas where there was factory foam pieces. Solved my problem, 3+ years and counting.

|dg
Old 02-17-2007, 04:20 PM
2004LeMansZ

Angry

Few areas in my Z rattle. The drivers side door, right corner dashboard, and center counsel near the gear shifter.

The driver side door has gotten worse ever since I had the power window motor replaced a week ago.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:30 PM
black06z

I get that problem everyday. Its mostly happening during bumps on the roads tho.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:20 PM
LSRoadster

Originally Posted by dgz32
Had the same problem. Pulled the door skin off and tightened all screws as some were loose. I then placed pieces of foam material (had an adhesive strip and came in a roll - bought it from Home Depot) at several points where the clearance between the back of the skin and the door were close. Also doubled-up in the areas where there was factory foam pieces. Solved my problem, 3+ years and counting.

|dg
Any chance you can take the time and explain howyou got the skin off. I cant seem to figure it out.