Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

BOUNCE: Ride Comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003 | 07:04 PM
Boomer

Default BOUNCE: Ride Comparisons

We need volunteers in all parts of the country to do ride comparisons just like the one that was just posted in the General section of this site. Rob Vance, who has a late VIN#, just compared his ride with an early VIN # Z from another of our members in Austin, Texas. Guess what, he could ID the Bouncing ,porpoising, on the early car immediately while his late VIN# Z does not have the problem. We need to have this early/late VIN# comparison done in as many areas of the country as we can get. Verify the results and show NNA what the preorder owners like me and 1000s of other owners have said all along, the Bounce is not a myth and we have objective proof a running change has been made on later cars and we have NOT been told, nor have we been offered the solution we have been calling for all these MONTHS.

Please do the tests and report them to me and I'll compile them, if you wish. They should be very easy to do. Take both early and late cars to a spot where the early cars bounce or porpoise, and see if your findings are the same as our members' cars in Austin. If they are, then NNA will need to provide the FIX for the early cars or we can file a class action lawsuit, if they don't comply. Or do something equally nasty like pooling our money and buying a full page ad in the New York Times about their shoddy treatment we have received from them on this and other issues.

Boomer-- we need as large a sample as we can get from each state or region of members of this and other 350Z sites. Have fun and tell me what you discover. Thanks

Last edited by Boomer; 04-10-2003 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-10-2003 | 07:48 PM
mark_wilkins

I have a late VIN Track, #15615, manufactured in February (I think), in Pasadena, CA. If anyone who's having this problem wants to meet up some weekend and see what they think of the ride in my 350Z feels like, I'm open to this.

-- Mark
Old 04-10-2003 | 07:57 PM
Rob Nance

Rob Nance Just figured you'd want it clear for your records.

Yep, it's definitely there on the early VIN car I drove today.
Old 04-10-2003 | 08:16 PM
YourMomma

I'm VIN# 6616 in South NJ. Build date 10/02. Anyone with a recent production car south of Trenton that wants to meet up, PM me.
Old 04-10-2003 | 10:23 PM
rodH

Originally posted by Rob Nance
Rob Nance Just figured you'd want it clear for your records.

Yep, it's definitely there on the early VIN car I drove today.

Rob, I have a vin of 10,800, build date 12/02, supposedly springs had a new part # at that time, does anyone know when and if anything else was supposedly changed???

sounds like the pre-orders and early VINs were the main ones, what VIN range was the one you drove??

Last edited by rodH; 04-10-2003 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-11-2003 | 02:42 AM
jmark

Default Re: BOUNCE: Ride Comparisons

Originally posted by Boomer
We need volunteers in all parts of the country to do ride comparisons just like the one that was just posted in the General section of this site. Rob Vance, who has a late VIN#, just compared his ride with an early VIN # Z from another of our members in Austin, Texas. Guess what, he could ID the Bouncing ,porpoising, on the early car immediately while his late VIN# Z does not have the problem. We need to have this early/late VIN# comparison done in as many areas of the country as we can get. Verify the results and show NNA what the preorder owners like me and 1000s of other owners have said all along, the Bounce is not a myth and we have objective proof a running change has been made on later cars and we have NOT been told, nor have we been offered the solution we have been calling for all these MONTHS.

Please do the tests and report them to me and I'll compile them, if you wish. They should be very easy to do. Take both early and late cars to a spot where the early cars bounce or porpoise, and see if your findings are the same as our members' cars in Austin. If they are, then NNA will need to provide the FIX for the early cars or we can file a class action lawsuit, if they don't comply. Or do something equally nasty like pooling our money and buying a full page ad in the New York Times about their shoddy treatment we have received from them on this and other issues.

Boomer-- we need as large a sample as we can get from each state or region of members of this and other 350Z sites. Have fun and tell me what you discover. Thanks
Boomer,
My dealers owner said I could drive the new Touring Z he is driving for comparision. I will take him up on it. I think if I can show him the difference we can get the ball rolling. I'll call him today! Thanks Rob for pulling this off!
Old 04-11-2003 | 05:55 AM
jmark

Well the test is on! I'll be driving my dealerships owners new Z. Report to follow tonight. This has become a quest!!!!!
Old 04-15-2003 | 09:06 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by jmark
Well the test is on! I'll be driving my dealerships owners new Z. Report to follow tonight. This has become a quest!!!!!
Mark,go to the wheels and tires thread and read silverz's post. I have asked for clarification.