Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Problem Cruise Set. Car Sluggish

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 04:21 PM
emeraldmtns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem Cruise Set. Car SLUGGISH W/ NEW PICS

Hello, I have checked all the threads. There is one post for the exact same problem as Im having but I did not see how it was resolved. I have taken the car to Nissan and they sent me away with a $100.0 evaluation fee lol!! What happens is the throttle is fine at idle and when I push the gas pedal I get very slow response. I cannot use the cruise control either. The set light just flashes. The weird thing is that sometimes the car runs great and the cruise works (very seldom though). I was wondering if it could be a sensor. Possibly a coolant sensor or cruise control sensor, maybe a abs sensor bad. I don't know. The Nissan dealer replaced the throttle chamber under warranty but that was not the problem. They also checked the brake switches and the cruise motor and the clutch switches with no luck. Any help on this matter would be appreciated and hopefully help others with the same problem. Thanks
Craig

Last edited by emeraldmtns; 04-21-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't understand how you could've paid the dealer, and left the dealer, without them fixing anything. If it were me, I would've been b1tching at the service manager about what he planned on doing to fix my car. Especially after you paid $100.

Let them worry about it, your car is under warranty so tell them to fix it.

I have never heard of your problem before. Very strange.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:20 PM
emeraldmtns

Its an 03 touring with no modifications to the motor. The dealer replaced the throttle chamber (probably to claim some of the time he couldnt bill for) because it was under drive train warranty.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:55 AM
emeraldmtns

Some new information. The problem gets better as the car gets warmer. Possible temperature switch?
Old 04-19-2007, 07:32 AM
gqong

i woudl think something like this woudl be covered under warranty..shouldnt have paid to start.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:46 AM
dedmoonstears

the fee is diagnostic fee,,,ive had the prob are you talking bout my set cruise blinking??

-first off theyre stupid and blamed it on my minor mods which have been there since i got the car---remote start /fog light/laser l..

anyway after 3 times..( 300 or so bucks ) they always end up not finding the problem and just doing a reset..

so if your prob is like mine just do a reset on your own...there i saved you a few hundred from the stealership..
Old 04-19-2007, 08:09 AM
emeraldmtns

Yeah the only warranty I have left is powertrain. 6years 60,000 miles. My car is an 03 with 28,000 miles. It is a touring 6sp with no mods on the motor. Thanks I will try the reset. Directions should be in the manual correct?
Old 04-19-2007, 10:44 AM
emeraldmtns

Ok A big thank you to dedmoonstears!!!!!!! BUT IT WASNT A WALK IN THE PARK. Im still not sure its fixed for good but heres where we are. I reset the ECU the first time. The car had all the power back. I went to try the cruise and it came on. I turned the cruise off and still had my power until the next light. Back to crappy again. I did the same thing a second time until I got a brain. I remembered from other threads that the computer needs time to learn the fuel curve. I got on the highway and didnt touch my cruise. I got to my destination and let the car sit for about half an hour. When I started it back up I still had my power. I got back onto the highway and tried the cruise. I drove a ways with the cruise on. I then turned the cruise off and back on a few times. Still had my power and cruise operates properly. I will keep everyone updated. Hopefully this will help others with this problem. Thanks to everyone.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:11 PM
dedmoonstears

suggest you keep records of visits to the stealership and what theyve done.....they cant find anything wrong but it keeps repeating...i know someday ill probably get into a bad accident and ill end up suing them..

good luck
Old 04-19-2007, 04:59 PM
emeraldmtns

Well I guess Ill have to use the above fix until I find the real problem. This was only a temporary fix. I let the car sit for half the day and tried it again. Drove crappy again. I will start with the cruise control sensors because it appears to be localized in that area. I will keep this thread updated with what I find. IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING TO FIND A THREAD THAT IS 6 MOS OLD WITH MY EXACT PROBLEM AND NO FIX LISTED. Im going to try to be different because I know theres more people with my same problem. Any ideas still very much appreciated. Thanks!!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 05:51 PM
emeraldmtns

Last edited by emeraldmtns; 04-20-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:52 PM
emeraldmtns

OK I HAVE THE FIX AND NO ONE WILL EVER BELIEVE IT!!!!! IM NOT GOING TO TELL YOU JUST YET BECAUSE I WANT TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS PAYING ATTENTION LOL. HEYdedmoonstears ARE YOU STILL HAVING THIS PROBLEM?? IF SO I CAN HELP/

Last edited by emeraldmtns; 04-20-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

ok let's have it... come on now
Old 04-21-2007, 08:05 PM
emeraldmtns

MY TAILLIGHTS ARE THE PROBLEM. I JUST INSTALLED THE LED TAILLIGHTS IN THE PICTURES BELOW AND THERE IS A RESISTANCE PROBLEM WITH THIS LIGHTS THAT CAUSES A DROP IN VOLTAGE TO THE MAIN RUNNING COMPONENTS. HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS
Old 04-21-2007, 08:08 PM
emeraldmtns

Old 04-21-2007, 08:10 PM
emeraldmtns

[img

Last edited by emeraldmtns; 04-21-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:29 AM
billp

Nice lights!!! You'd think that the dealer would find that. How in the hell did you figure that out? What did you do to solve?
Old 04-22-2007, 04:51 PM
emeraldmtns

Thanks,
Actually I owe all the credit to rs90808. I wrote him before I took my car to the dealer. I guess he got my message too late lol. He had the exact same problem as me. He asked if I had installed any led taillights lately. I remembered that the problem started the day after I installed them. Who would have put the taillights as the problem though. Even the dealer couldnt figure it out. Its one for the books!
Old 04-22-2007, 05:09 PM
billp

What did you do to fix it? I hope you didn't have to bag the lights.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:18 PM
emeraldmtns

No,
Actually Im still driving with them. I have to install resistors on the circuits this week. It will take me a little bit to determine the correct resistance though. Ill keep everyone informed

Quick Reply: Problem Cruise Set. Car Sluggish