Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

JUN Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 09:10 AM
STRETCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy JUN Flywheel

I just got my JUN Flywheel However, upon having my dealer install it(This may have been a bad idea, in my defense, he hooks me up and no one knows my car better than they do. They have already done all my other mods:Nismo sways, JIC FLTA2's, Earthing Kit, Clear Markers,Nismo shift ****, and soon Invidia exhaust:these all work fine) he calls me up and tells me my clutch won't disengage from the flywheel. What??!!! I ask him stupid things like, "are you sure you didn't put it on backwards?" Long story short, they have to take it out and inspect it and they might not be able to install it after all. They say it makes a different starter noise because it uses a different starter ring and that it doesn't look the same. I was told this was a direct replacement, am I correct? Does anyone know what might be the problem? If anyone can help, I 'd appreciate it. Until then, I'll probably be walking to work because they say they won't know anything until tuesday.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:32 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer
Old 04-28-2003, 08:27 AM
STRETCH

Default News to them

Tell me about it. This is what I got from JUN in response:

Thank you for your e-mail.
We did not know that the form of a flywheel was different by
USDM and JDM. Since we receive returned goods, please ask the
shop which you bought first of all.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:13 AM
Mr B

Ugh, that totally sucks. Sorry to hear that...
Old 04-28-2003, 07:33 PM
STRETCH

Default Its all good now

After all that drama my dealership calls this afternoon and says "everything is fine, just some minor adjustments." What? It sounded a lot worse before. Who cares. I pick it up tomorrow morning. I wonder if I'll notice a difference.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:04 PM
Alev

Please post more once you've had time to testdrive. Notice any more pull? Does it vary depending on the RPM? I'm not familiar with what exactly a newer flywheel will change other than what I've read in the forum, so aside from hp gains, I'm wondering what the actual feel will be.

I thought "Bummer!" about the trouble the dealer had with the initial install, but hopefully it's all good now. Look forward to hearing more.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:54 AM
STRETCH

Default JUN Flywheel is all good

It's probably the quickest and cheapest way to gain noticable performance in the Z. It revs quicker, It pulls harder in all gears and takes a little higher revs to engage the clutch due to less inertia. I've only driven it to work, but I'm very happy. The only thing I don't like, is the unpleasant sound it makes when it starts up. Maybe because of the lighter starter gear. However, I highly recommend it and the guys at SGPracing are really helpful(thats where I bought it.) they supported me through all the drama at my Nissan delaership. Back to work now.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:01 AM
Mr B

So the flywheel from Japan will work on ours? What was the problem that the dealership had and what'd they do to get around it?
Old 04-29-2003, 10:42 AM
STRETCH

The dealership had no problems. The mechanic had to make some minor adjustments in his work. The flywheel works just like the stock one, just better. The only difference is the metalic sound on start-up. I have yet to find out if thats normal.