Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

About to hit 60k

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 06:05 AM
xxnismoxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to hit 60k

So im about to hit 60k with my z, kinda pissed off cause I got the car in Oct, 2006 with 39k but the drive to work kills it. Im going to get paid this friday and I know theres a list of maint. i have to do with the car but I want to get all the good "stuff" cause I dont want to buy something cheap or something thats gonna harm my Z. So if you guys have any input on this that would be great. for the oil change im using RP.
Thank you.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:20 AM
eze-edsel

just take it to the dealership and have them do it. unless you like to do it yourself. any maintence i take it to the dealership. but stuff like oil change and break jobs i do it myself.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:26 AM
xxnismoxx

I just dont want to get ripped off or anything like that.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:05 AM
eze-edsel

in my option its worth it to spend the extra $200-$300 for quality work, plus it has warrenty. i take my car to the same dealership everytime and they look after me. i did take it to another one once( the same name dealership just a diferent location) and they forgot to put on my oil cap. so i when back and raised hell so now i get free oil changes and they steamed cleaned my engine. just try to stick with the same service guy/gal everytime( i call ahead and ask for my guy so he knows i'm coming in). cause they get a bonus at the end of the month based on their sells. so if you build a relationship with the service person most of the time they look after you. ( plus it helps that my guy has a moded sti so most of the time we just talk cars and we share options on products and what not) i try to built a realtionship with a certain person everywhere i shop so that way they know that you will help them out so in return they help you.

i hope this helps you.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:33 AM
xxnismoxx

Thank you for your info, Im going to try the dealership soon. Lets see what happends.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:35 AM
eze-edsel

good luck with everything. and please let me know what the cost was and what they did cause i am coming up on 60k in my own z.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's what I would do at 60k, personally:

transmission fluid replace if you haven't done it before

differential fluid replace

oil + filter change

coolant replace

brake fluid bleed + replace with all new fluid ... this one is high priority IMO, but most dealers won't do it unless you ask for it

check brake pads-- if low, resurface the rotors and replace with new 4 pads

if your tires are not relatively new, have them flip the tire over on each wheel, then put left wheels on right side and vice versa. this is the only way to "rotate" staggered & directional tires

fill washer fluid

battery test

check all lamps/light bulbs

replace air filter (new filter costs about $7 and it requires no tools to change it yourself. it only goes in one way so you can't mess it up)

inspect throttle body by removing intake tube, clean with carburetor cleaner if necessary

that's about all I can think of right now. you can do many of these at home easily even with no knowhow whatsoever
Old 07-30-2007, 02:25 PM
eze-edsel

yeah i read up on the brake fluid change, i was going to have it done when i took it in for the 60k work. and i will check/change out the brakes on my own(its an easy save on $500+) and i can't resurface my rotors cause i have stillen slotted & drilled rotors. but everything else i am going to have the dealership do and then i will most likely take my car to firestone and have them do their intake cleaning system stuff.