Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Door ding on body line

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 04:03 PM
SiNzz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Door ding on body line

So some old lady and her passenger were getting into their car which was parked poorly, off center towards mine. I was a bit nervous when I saw, but couldn't do anything because I was working. So after work I notice she's left my a nice little surprise in the form of a ding. My questions is, can it be repaired if it's sitting on the bodyline right below the door handle? It's not a noticeable ding, but would be nice to get it out.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:13 PM
ZCARBANDIT
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel your pain, I have a ding in the same spot.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Joey P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had 3 on the body lines and I feel your pain. Look into paintless dent removal. Dent Wizard comes to the Nissan dealership once a week by my house and it is by far one of the coolest things I have ever seen. The guy that did the work let me watch. It took all of 20 minutes for 3 dents. You cant ever tell they were there. He charged me $150. Well worth it. See if your dealer has anyone who deals in paintless dent removal.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:30 PM
SiNzz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. Actually I had it at a well known shop here a few days ago, to get some other things fixed that people had done. Namely in the form of what appeared to be someone dragging a piece of metal in a semi circle near my rear quarter panel a few months back..argh

Anyways, A) they couldn't match the paint with their paint guy because of DB's "uniqueness" so they told me to go to a proper bodyshop, and B) they told me that even paintless dent removal might not work due to it's location. Sorry, I forgot to mention that in my original post. They pretty much insinuated that I might be SOL. Are they just plain wrong? I'm hoping they are since Joey says he got his taken out. They did seem pretty sure of themselves when they told me that however...