Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Problems on start up

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 04:58 PM
rbaggett1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Corradoslc7
Since you already replaced your battery this year, that rules that out. The fact that once you have driven your car and go to turn it back on with no problems rules out the alternator, as it is recharging the battery while your driving. It sounds like an electrical device is staying on over night and draining your battery. Have you done any modifications to your car recently?
No modifications to the car except for a body kit.

I went to restart the car this morning and I actually had the dash lights come on but as soon as I went to crank the car the lights went out.

After looking at another thread on this forum, I found out that the connection to the battery could possibly be loose. Sure enough, after popping the hood and checking the connections. One was loose. That was my solution.

Last edited by rbaggett1; 12-28-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Corradoslc7

So the battery had enough to power the dash lights, but not enough to start the engine. Something is deffinitely draining your battery it's time to take it somewhere to get checked out.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:13 PM
03zcarfl

ive had this problem alot lately.. even happened to me at the race track yesterday at the staging lights.... car b4 me leaked and i shut it down, when i went to start it up It wouldnt start.. had to get jumped off... did it 3 times yesterday.... my mechanic said its the starter but i think it my bose amp not turning off when i turn the key off..... i have to check the amp pull on the amp itself this weekend.... it supposed to pull .1 amps and my buddy had same problem and found his bose amp pulling 1.3 amps when turned off..... i would maybe think that was my problem too but i only had the car off for maybe 10 secs and it wouldnt start... no way 10sec if enough time to drain the battery...
Old 01-09-2008, 03:17 PM
surfer05rdr

my 03 z did the exact same thing it wouldnt ever start rite away and eventually not at all and all the lights were coming on and i didnt know what the hell was goin on. I ended up replacing the battery and the alt. Come to find out that it was my battery terminal. If i would wiggle the terminal on the post and try to crank the car it wud but then if i drive it down the road a bit and cut it off it would do the same thing almost like i had a bad connection but i couldnt tighten it up anymore so i just replaced it and it never happened again, i dont know if that would be your problem but it was mine