Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Please Help...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Shift_Speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help...

STUPID NISSAN TECH AGAIN.... let me give u the info. so i got my z back in febuary.... i had a grindin problem so i contacted nissan... and after a month of waiting got a lousy clevis pin... they said that was the problem... i asked why wasn't my tyranny bein replaced b/c i knew others that just got them replaced... and he said i had the more "updated" z.... BULL FUC#IN* SHI^... i now grind at high rpms in 3 rd gear and it sound real bad.... what should i do... this will be the 2nd time i return my z for 3rd gear grind... lemon law... n e thing??? PLEASE HELP!
Old 06-09-2003, 10:57 PM
kbiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This can be normal when going through a major warranty claim process. The service department on tranny rebuilds gets paid way less on a warranty pay then on a customer pay. They will try to patch it before biting the bullet. On major mechanical or safty items you usually will have to come back to the dealership and have them "Fix" the problem three times before you can go lemon law. The lemon law process is long and sucks major bung whole... so try to work with the dealership or try several dealerships if you have to. Dealerships are franchised, so one can be completely different from the other in terms of ability and customer service. Check in your manual pack you got with your Z and one of the books will show you your rights for lemon law in the state you live in. Also, most states when you do your paper work will have to give you and have you sign a document explaining your rights as per lemon law... it should be with your invelope of paper work you got when you bought it. Good Luck.