Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Dealer denying warranty claim on tranny HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:24 PM
sk26dett

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Victory!!! I got a call from the dealer saying Nissan approved the repair and that i was getting a new transmission. Thanks to everyone who helped! So for future reference if denied repairs because of bolt on's do the following:

1. Don't listen to anything the service manager says.
2. Call NNA and file a complaint immediately.
3. Call up a lawyer and have him find out all your legal rights regarding the situation and have him get in contact with the dealer. This gets the GM of the dealership involved. (lawyer was a buddy of mine in this case)
4. Call the dealership everyday to make sure they know you mean business.
5. Don't take their b.s. and stand up to them!

Thanks again everyone.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:41 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome!
my350z.com - 1, the man- 0
Old 02-26-2008, 03:40 PM
crg914

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TreeFiddyZee
It blows me away that dealerships are such a pain about doing warranty work. It's not like it's coming out of their pocket. They get reimbursed for the work done.
Unfortunately, many service department really aren't. They are just the second sales department. It drives me nuts when I hear them trying to sell something to someone that I know they don't need. "Since you've got nearly 20K miles, we're gonna need to replace that timing belt"...
Integrity would be a nice thing for them to develop. Guess that costs too much.
First, there are times when the dealer does NOT get reimbursed for warranty work. The dealership must file the warranty claim/repair with corporate and if it is not legitimate it is denied. Sometimes, corporate will even require the defective part be sent in. This sucks for the dealership, but especially for the tech who does the work, as most dealerships won't pay book time if it's on a denied warranty claim. Luckily, I'm in a place that will work with you in such cases so that you get some compensation.

Second, work should be recommended based on necessity. There is plenty of work out there to make money without being dishonest. I, as a technician, hate it when others try and sell things that aren't needed. It gives us all a bad name. If your service manager is trying to get in your pockets, stop complaining about it and find another dealership, as that is a clear sign of things that you would surely be more upset about if you knew what went on behind closed doors. (I've worked at some not-so-great shops too).

/rant

On topic: Glad the OP is having his problem fixed. Don't know the circumstances, but hope it doesn't qualify as a comeback for the tech, poor guy.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:47 AM
sk26dett

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

crg914, I'm not trying to say all service managers are bad, but in this case the amounts of lies they told me were insane. If i didn't know anything about cars i would have just listened to their B.S. and walked away without my repairs done. I can't imagine how many people they screw over everyday.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:10 PM
crg914

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sk26dett
crg914, I'm not trying to say all service managers are bad, but in this case the amounts of lies they told me were insane. If i didn't know anything about cars i would have just listened to their B.S. and walked away without my repairs done. I can't imagine how many people they screw over everyday.
I understand, I wasn't trying to imply that you were. It just pains me, as a technician, to hear these stories. Plus, as a tech AND an enthusiast, I get to see things from both sides of the looking glass, and that helps me understand why many things are the way they are. I just wanted to spread a little information and possibly correct a little misinformation so others may better understand as well.

Cheers