Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Backed into some trash cans

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 03:33 PM
RedComet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backed into some trash cans

Yeah. I pulled up past my friends driveway because I wanted to see if he was home (he has a U shaped driveway with a lot of trees in front of his house). SO I sit there looking and talking to my other friend in the Z for about two minutes. I didn't see/hear anyone behind me and I knew there wasn't a car or any people back there so I shift into reverse to back up and pull in the driveway. In that less than one minute amount of time An old man who lived across the street from my friends had put out a bunch of trashcans (in the street about a foot or two from the curb) DIRECTLY BEHIND MY CAR! So I just back up right into them! they scraped a little along the right door, right above the right turning signal, and along the bottom of the right rear bumper. I used some wax that my dad had and then went out and bought some turtle wax scratch remover from target. It worked pretty well but there are a few deep scratches left. I don't know what I should do! Its not really noticeable but, I feel that I hurt my baby. My car feels tainted now, I feel so bad for my little baby, if only her paint was like my skin and could heal.... What do you guys think I should do?

Its not THAT bad (i.e. its liveable)
Old 06-25-2003, 04:11 PM
turtles

Default Hmmmm...

Aren't you the 17 y.o. who's parents have to pay $9000 a year in insurance and everyone berated you because your parents bought you the car and everyone said you won't be able to appreciate it?

My advice is look behind you when backing up. It could have been the old man instead of his trash cans.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:12 PM
RedComet

what man puts out trash cans at 10:30 at night? No my insurance is down now. only like 4300, still a lot but better than what it was. I appreciate my car. It was very careless what I did but thats not why I started this thread. I started it to find out what you guys think I should do about my scratches. I wish people would stop judging by age. VQ was 17 and there are quite a few intelligent and competant young Z owners.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:29 PM
ECKZLNT

Originally posted by RedComet
what man puts out trash cans at 10:30 at night?
I guess I'm one, since i've put trash cans out at that time, and I know many people who have. What's wrong with that time especially when the garbage collection comes late night/early morning?
Old 06-26-2003, 12:32 PM
cedusett

OK OK so he made a mistake... I think he acknowledged that. Does anyone have any advice?

No point in flaming people... forums are a lot better when people respond for the reason the post was started.

I'd have it repainted if you can afford it. It may be a good idea to go to the dealer (I know that sounds retarded) for it. You woulnd't want two different paint types on your car... you'll be multi-colored in a few years.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:39 PM
kakey

Beats the hell out of doing it at 6:00 AM

Did you offer to buy new Garbage cans to replace the ones you beat up?

Download this and take a read his advice is pretty good:

http://www.autopia.org/download.php?...download&cid=1

I cannot remember which chapters are free, if it is not then pay the $15.00 it is worth it.

Regards,
Kevin