Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Do New Z Trannys Suck?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 02:41 PM
dcap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do New Z Trannys Suck?

Hi Everyone. I am new to this thread, but as a Future 350Z owner I am quite perplexed about the stories I am reading in this thread anout Tranny's grinding, lumps and tire feathering. I was not going to say anything until I heard a story tonight from my friend about a 350Z blowing the tranny right in front of him tonight on the street. Supposedly this dude in a silver 350 Gunned first gear from a light, no tire screeching and when he revved high and shifted to second a very loud bang and whining sound started coming out of the car and continued until he rolled to a stop, luckily right in front of the Nissan dealer that he probably bought his Z at.

Now after hearing this horror story, as a former vitim of VW VR6 corrado tranny grinds, do I really want to go through this again. I'd rather have lumps then grinds, but neither to be honest. My biggest beef with cars is that it has a mint shifting tranny.

The best tranny I have ever driven was a 91 mr2 turbo tranny for 5 years. Beat the **** out of it constantly, and it never let me down.

Do you guys think they will have this issue ironed out soon?