Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

*Repost* HELP Squeaky Noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:48 AM
jmwammock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Repost* HELP Squeaky Noise

Hello All, I'm seeking some help. I posted this thread in the wheels section but have yet to have anyone respond so I thought I'd try here. I have a 2003 Touring with only 40,000 miles. About 1 month ago I took the stock 18's off and put on 19 Inch TSW Jarama's with Kumhos. Shortly after I noticed a squeaking noise coming from the front passenger tire when I would drive down the road usually around 30-45mph. Im almost 100% sure it didnt make that noise with the 18's. I took it back to Discount Tire and they heard the noise and took the tires off and blew everything out. Nothing changed. My breaks were squeaking pretty bad too so I decided to take it to Les Schawb to see if I needed to do my brakes, they said the brakes were actually good and as for the noise they had no clue, their best guess was the Hub/Bearing or possibly the pads were crystalized. I took my Z to Nissan and they heard the noise as we drove it and they said the brakes looked good and the brake squeaking was coming from non OEM pads on the front, and his best guess for the squeaking when I drive would be the Hub/Bearing. Well needless to say I'm not paying what it would cost for them to dig into it and replace it, Ive yet to have the time to take it to my mechanic so I thought Id see if any of you might know what it is or anything, If its not squeaking driving down the road I can jerk the wheel to the right or left and hear the noise, if it is squeaking I can jerk the wheel right or left and it quits for a few seconds then starts again, HELP PLEASE!!!!