Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Southern States Nissan, Raleigh, NC

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 04:17 AM
2002 Maxima SE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southern States Nissan, Raleigh, NC

Can anyone comment on there service department? I filled out a web based form almost 3 weeks ago to get a price on parts, and they never responded.

Made an appointment to have my car serviced two weeks ago. I dropped it off this morning and when I got to work I had a message waiting on me. The guy said they had no record of an appointment nor any information on my car...all of which I gave the guy over the phone 2 weeks ago!!!!

Now they have my car and I am not too confident in there abilities.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:08 PM
dblagent

Default Michael Jordan's Nissan

I dunno about Southern States but I bought my car at Michael Jordan's Nissan in Durham after visiting all the local Nissan dealers. I've not brought the car in yet as I only have 2100 miles. But when I bought the car I got a full tour of the place and met everyone and came away impressed with the service department. That may change after my first visit.

Ummm. Don't take it to Southern States of Apex whatever you do.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:08 AM
CactusBob

Why is that Dblagent? I have a 2004 Z on order from Southern States Nissan in Apex and had planned on using them for my service too.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:12 AM
mcclaskz

I would only go to MJ Nissan for service if I were you. Ask for Jeremy Shaw, he is the Service Manager. I had a huge problem with my brakes after an HPDE, Wilmington Nissan tried to void my warranty and rebuild my front end for no apparent reason. I took my car to MJ (where I also purchased it) and they fixed me up no questions asked. I have since sent many other triangle area Zs who did not purchase their cars at MJ and they have had similar excellent service.
Old 08-11-2003, 05:04 PM
Eric1h

SS Nissan service dept SUCKS! I brought my car to them to fix my window streaks, setu an appt, they called ME, to confirm a few days before, said they had the part in, so i go drop it off, they call me 7 hours later and say "ohh, we didnt have the parts in yet, come get it." WTF
MJ nissan has been pretty good the few times ive brough it in or know of someone who did.
I only go to SS if i absolutely have to
Old 08-11-2003, 06:49 PM
ravaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Southern States sucks big time, avoid them if you can. MJ iNissan s much better..
Old 08-12-2003, 05:00 AM
CactusBob

Have these experiences been at Southern States in Apex or Raleigh?

Thanks for the advice everyone.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:19 AM
Eric1h

well, i have brought mine to the one in apex for service, but i TRIED, to buy a car from the one in raleigh and they were HORIBLE to work with, i will hack off my own thumb befoe i buy a car from those people. they were the RUDEST most unhelpful car dealership i have ever met in my life. On a side note, the service center in Apex's people are very nice and easy to work with, they will squeeze you in the schedule, they just seem a bit unorganized from an "actually getting stuff fixed" perspective.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:02 AM
CactusBob

Yeah, the guys in Raliegh eventually matched the price in Apex ($1300 under MSRP to order an 04), but I went ahead an purchased from Apex. The real reason I wanted to use SS Apex was convenience (I live in Cary).

Thanks for the reply.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:50 AM
WynZ

I'd like to add my 2 cents worth about SS Nissan.
The Sales Manager Richie Bitner is a DDAH (deep dark *** hole).
One of his floor managers told me they would fix a chip in the hood that they caused. Mr. Bitner over-ruled and I'm stuck with a $350 repair. They also put another scratch on the back spoiler looking for other scratches. Word to the wise: don't be so excited, like me, to drive away in your new Z that you sign that paper that says there are not problems before you go over the car very well.

Bottom line: never go to Southern States Nissan in Raleigh, NC