Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Power Steering Issue (I Believe)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 03:53 PM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Power Steering Issue (I Believe)

Hey guys,

Since this past weekend, I've been having trouble with my steering. It feels like there's not a lot of power steering input while cruising at slower speeds. You know the feeling you get in your steering wheel when your car almost stalls, its like that, but constant during slow motion in the car. It's really getting annoying and Im wondering what it is. I noticed the power steering fluid was a little low, not below the min line, but I went and bought some fluid and leak fixer 2 in 1 today and put it in to just below to max line. It didn't seem to help, but maybe a very tiny bit. Any ideas, anyone??? Thanks so much!

-Paul
Old 05-03-2009, 11:44 AM
pfregeolle

BUMP! Please help! I have replaced the power steering pump, and I'm still having the same problem. I just pulled off the Power Steering Pressure Sensor, and have been playing with that. But if anyone has any input, please let me know! I need my steering to work again!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:08 PM
SilverJDMCoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it just as hard to turn to either side, or is it only when turning in one direction? Could be your lower ball joints.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:07 AM
pfregeolle

Its just as hard to turn to one side as it is to another. When we did the new pump, I let out all the fluid and replaced with new fluid. Didn't work. Pulled of the Pressure Sensor, cleaned and blew compressed air through it. Didn't work. Tried purging all air out of the system per shop manual.[Let car warm up, and fully turn wheel to each side and hold approx. 5 seconds and turn to opposite side, repeat] Didn't work. I don't know what else to do at this point. It's so weird because it works just fine for about 5 minutes driving, and then just gives out. It can't be the pump, it's got to be something else.