Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Poor Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 09:52 AM
Marty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Poor Service

I'm wondering if anyone can provide useful information on how to arrange a meeting with a rep. from Nissan when they happen to be in my area. I've been getting no assistance from the dealership on warranty issues and have pretty much found the 800# to be useless! My only other alternative seems to be trying to straighten things out with someone further up the chain of command.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...this is the lousiest costumer service I've ever gotten in my life with any product!
Old 09-26-2003, 12:26 PM
Dissolved

Did you get one of those customer survey things in the mail? Mark each question negative. Call NNA again and ask to speak to the customer service rep's manager. KEEP CALLING.

Document everything. EVERY LITTLE THING.

Last but not least. Try a different dealer

btw, where in md are you?
Old 09-27-2003, 10:11 PM
jim l

My experience with Nissan does not allow you to meet with the service tech. The dealer does the arrangement. See my post with drivetrain problems with no resolve. I tried to speak with the tech and Nissan Consumer affairs told me no.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:48 AM
Marty

Thanks for your two responses, Pure Tremble and jim 1. To Pure Tremble, I have done all you suggest...I got through to a reps' supervisor several months ago. He's the one that I've left 4 messages for in two weeks with no reply. When I finally called again (3 weeks later), I asked for info. on who he reports to...they refused to provide this (even though it is illegal to do so). I am ready to go to another dealer, but my fear is that without the original info. from the first dealer they would not be obligated to replace items that they could say were damaged by myself. And, to answer your last question, I am in the White Marsh/Perry Hall area.

And to jim 1, it's not really a technician that I'm requesting time with. The problems that I have aren't of a technical nature, more of a warranty customer service responsiveness issue. And when I asked the dealership to set something up their response was "we never no when the Nissan reps. are coming in". Now you and I both know that's bulls***, but how do I fight it. I'm at my wit's freakin' end!! Somebody please help.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:13 PM
Shift_Speed

i am in the whitemarsh and perry hall area too ... i went to perry hall high and now in towson university.... try the dealership in Ellicot city ... they seem to be friendlier then my dealership... i went to the one on york road... nationwide ... they sucked @$$ .... i had many problems with them idiots.... if you have n e more questions just pm me.... bbeace
Old 10-01-2003, 04:14 AM
Marty

Thanks bbeace! It's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this bulls***. What kind of problems did you have the guys in Ellicott City work on? Also, did you ever try Jones in Belair? They're actually the closest from our area...I'd hate to have to drive way out to Ellicott City for minor stuff.

By the way, I'm a graduate of Towson also. Enjoy the ride!!
Old 10-16-2003, 04:24 AM
MSCHOEN2U

My main problem I had with my Touring was the dealer, Eddie Tourelle"s Northpark Nissan of Covington, La. The mechanic took my touring for a joy ride @110mph on a 2 lane hwy, 12 miles away from the dealership, the mechanic is still at work so I guess Eddie Tourelle Northpark Nissan in Covington, La. condones it. I had to pay 2k , to replace my Touring.. and to this day (day 9) I still do not have a car. However my check to Eddie Tourelle"s Northpark Nissan of Covington, La. has been cashed. If any Z owners would like to contact Eddie Tourelle Northpark Nissan in Covington, La. their Toll Free # is 1-888-350-0079.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:20 AM
FLY BY Z

The rep you are trying to get in touch with is not the right person. First, each dealer is it's own business/company. They are not little Nissan, Inc's. The rep is a DEALER rep, not a customer issues/customer/service rep. They do not deal with customers. If you want results, try the dealership owner or GM. Or try some executives at Nissan. All the rep does is diagnose whether a claim is warrantyable or not and acts as a liason between the dealers in his area and Nissan. You are barking up the wrong tree. I am an Account Exec for a large food distribution company. I don't talk to the patrons of restaurants/hotels/etc. I talk to the hotels/restaurants/etc. when they have a problem. The patrons talk to the restaurant and choose another restaurant if they cannot resolve the problem (as you should choose another dealer). Just as I can't solve ANY patron complaints, neither can the rep solve any of yours. It isn't his decision.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:27 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

"My main problem I had with my Touring was the dealer, Eddie Tourelle"s Northpark Nissan of Covington, La. The mechanic took my touring for a joy ride @110mph on a 2 lane hwy, 12 miles away from the dealership, the mechanic is still at work so I guess Eddie Tourelle Northpark Nissan in Covington, La. condones it. I had to pay 2k , to replace my Touring.. and to this day (day 9) I still do not have a car. However my check to Eddie Tourelle"s Northpark Nissan of Covington, La. has been cashed. If any Z owners would like to contact Eddie Tourelle Northpark Nissan in Covington, La. their Toll Free # is 1-888-350-0079.

Okay, my first question is this:

1. Did the mechanic wreck your car?
2. Did he get a ticket? Thats the only way you will know he did 110 mph.
3. You had to pay $2K. For what? Please explain your story a little better so that we may assist you.

Another form of a complaint is through the Better Business Bureau.

Also, have you spoken with the owner of this particular dealership about you problem?
Old 10-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Marty

To: Mr. Potato Head

Thanks for the reply...any advice is greatly appreciated. While I understand what you're saying about barking up the wrong tree, I've already gone as far as I can go at the dealership...the owner!

I've also gone to the supervisory level at NissanUSA. And trying to contact Nissan at the executive level is like falling into a black hole. As I've said before, I never had any difficulties similar to this with Mazda (two RX-7's and a Miata). They were always much more responsive at whatever level.

Now here's the problem. Many of the issues that I had were from my original takig of possession of the vehicle, so only the original dealership has an audit trail of the issues. I wouldn't expect a new dealership to resolve some of my issues walking in with 8K miles on the vehicle. So, in many ways, I feel like I'm up s**** creek!!

What do you or anybody else think...all comments appreciated!
Old 10-16-2003, 07:08 PM
mpfstew

Marty: Sorry to here about all the problems with your dealer. I have to say that my dealer has been absolutely fantastic in taking care of all my problems and catering to my needs. I can tell you that to have not had much luck talking to NNA, my dealer has been handling most of that bull-ish(and to top it off, I didn't even buy my car from them, I got it in Phoenix!) To bad you are all the way across the country. Good luck!
Old 10-16-2003, 09:09 PM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by Marty
I wouldn't expect a new dealership to resolve some of my issues walking in with 8K miles on the vehicle.
Oh yes they would! Nissan pays the dealer for their services. The dealer you are going to for service, warranty or not, is getting paid one way or another. The dealer doesn't eat warranty issues, Nissan does, and the labor is paid to the servicing dealer. Find another dealer. They will help you! The service dept doesn't care if you didn't buy the car from their sales dept. They are all separate profit centers. Start from scratch and politley tell the new dealer about your problems. Don't even mention getting run around by another dealer. Just act like these are some of your concerns you would like to have addressed.

Last edited by FLY BY Z; 10-16-2003 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:20 PM
mpfstew

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head
Start from scratch and politley tell the new dealer about your problems. Don't even mention getting run around by another dealer. Just act like these are some of your concerns you would like to have addressed.
Precisely. Like I said before, I have been a thorn in the side of my local dealership while getting A+ service, and I bought my car in a completely different city!

Old 10-17-2003, 05:02 AM
Marty

Thanks for all your responses...but how about issues like:

1. Discoloration/scratches on the center console when vehicle was originally picked up. This is something that Nissan would probably tell the dealer was done by customer and would not be warranted.

2. Broken clip/missing bolts in door. Dealer did this when repairing window grease streak problem (sleazy bastards!). I didn't find out until I had new speakers installed 2 weeks later. Once again, same issue as above as to who is responsible.

Let me know what you think.
Old 10-17-2003, 05:22 AM
FLY BY Z

I would probably push for a fix for the scratch on the console with the dealer that did it. As for the clips, when the dealer sees that there is no aftermarket speakers or parts in the door, there is no reason for them not to fix it.
Old 10-17-2003, 04:59 PM
mpfstew

Marty:

Let me give you an idea of what type of service you should be looking for:

My dealership dinged up my rims when they flipped the tires around per the road noise TSB, so they are having them re-finished this week. However, they had to keep my car over this weekend, so they were nice enough to set me up in a brand new Infiniti FX35 for the weekend. It's not exactly a Z car, but it's close enough(same engine and chassis).