Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

not sure if its clutch or clutch pedal...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 06:23 AM
yiii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not sure if its clutch or clutch pedal...

just bought a used 06 enthusiast...but i swear the guy before me either ruined the clutch or the pedal needs some lubricating...at first it seems ok but after a little drive the clutch pedal is definitely not as smooth as it was...every time i press down then pull up on the pedal it comes up in a very unfluid way where it kind of clicks up almost...im hoping i do not need a new clutch cuz that would suck like some ****...and i hope the description is clear enough for u guys...please help!!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:25 AM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like your clutch fluid is either low or is overheating. Check the level first. If it's not leaking, you may want to change to a braided steel line and flush it out with some dot4 fluid.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:32 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

well, when buying a used car its always good practice to start fresh with all the fluids and mainteance in general.....

i would also suggest to change the fluid.....no need to go to an SS line unless your really gonna track the car or anything, if yours isnt damaged, then just swap to the motul fluid and see if that helps......from there, if problem still persist then diagnose or send to a tech/mechanic to diagnose..

clutch issues are hard to diagnose on the forums....more of a "gotta be there" and look over..
-J
Old 06-17-2009, 07:22 AM
yiii

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
Sounds like your clutch fluid is either low or is overheating. Check the level first. If it's not leaking, you may want to change to a braided steel line and flush it out with some dot4 fluid.
well, when buying a used car its always good practice to start fresh with all the fluids and mainteance in general.....

i would also suggest to change the fluid.....no need to go to an SS line unless your really gonna track the car or anything, if yours isnt damaged, then just swap to the motul fluid and see if that helps......from there, if problem still persist then diagnose or send to a tech/mechanic to diagnose..

clutch issues are hard to diagnose on the forums....more of a "gotta be there" and look over..
Thanks guys appreciate it a lot...but im one of those noobie guys that takes there cars usually to nissan and gets everything checked out ...how exactly would i check the clutch fluid and things like that if i were to do it myself sorry for the inconvenience...
Old 06-17-2009, 07:31 AM
freedonutss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem. If im in stop and go traffic (90 degree weather) my clutch will kind of stick 3/4 the way up. Im nearing 60k miles so im heading in for maintenance this week. Do you know of any 350z shops around?
Old 06-17-2009, 07:38 AM
TJGILROY

is it like a creaking sound coming from the clutch pedal to when pressing and depressing it....if so, i've had that ever since i got my clutch replaced at 60k miles....i learned to live with it, i'm up for some ideas to pinpoint the feel/noise
Old 06-17-2009, 07:44 AM
yiii

Originally Posted by freedonutss
I have the same problem. If im in stop and go traffic (90 degree weather) my clutch will kind of stick 3/4 the way up. Im nearing 60k miles so im heading in for maintenance this week. Do you know of any 350z shops around?
this is exactly how mine is...i only have 20k miles...do u know of any solutions?...
Old 06-17-2009, 09:35 AM
freedonutss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it pretty hot where you live? That could be the issue. As stated above I would change the clutch fluid and upgrade to a stainless steel clutch line.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:41 AM
TJGILROY

so if we're getting a weird feel we can change the clutch fluid??? and that should work???
Old 06-17-2009, 11:50 AM
yiii

Originally Posted by freedonutss
Is it pretty hot where you live? That could be the issue. As stated above I would change the clutch fluid and upgrade to a stainless steel clutch line.
yeah it can get pretty hot...it has been around 80's in the past few days here in bethesda, MD which is when i was starting to feel this problem...but im already looking to get an upgraded clutch...
Old 06-17-2009, 01:42 PM
TurboNismo
Banned

My 350 does this as well. If I get on the turbo in higher RPMs it will eventually only go up 3/4 the way and it has a differant sound when shifting. Almost like it is harming the clutch. I have to blast the heater and shift to 6th at about 60mph so I am only at around 2 - 2 1/2 RPMs. Then in about 10min it goes all the way back up. Oh and yes it is hotter than hell in FL.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:53 PM
TJGILROY

same her in south cacilac
Old 06-17-2009, 04:25 PM
yiii

Originally Posted by TurboNismo
My 350 does this as well. If I get on the turbo in higher RPMs it will eventually only go up 3/4 the way and it has a differant sound when shifting. Almost like it is harming the clutch. I have to blast the heater and shift to 6th at about 60mph so I am only at around 2 - 2 1/2 RPMs. Then in about 10min it goes all the way back up. Oh and yes it is hotter than hell in FL.
dayum...i wish i had a turbo ...but mine is just stock and this doesnt just happen when im driving it happens when im idle...but its weird, today everything seemed to be straight...i just think the guy who had the car before me broke in the clutch all weird...