Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

My a/c vent switch is wacky after engine repair :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Chomorro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question My a/c vent switch is wacky after engine repair :(

Here is the scenario, the shop just took off my greddy turbo and installed a brand new oem engine with new tranny. The car was reflashed for the turbo so i bought osiris and flashed it back to stock to get it to idle right and drive it home. Everything is perfect except when i turn on my a/c the switch is all wacky. For example when i put it on floor vent it comes out the front vent, or turn it to windshield vent and ti comes out the floor, etc etc.

I called uprev thinking it could have been the flash and they told me the ecu doesnt control the a/c switch. Ok so i took it back to the shop they told me they didnt touch anything to do with the a/c switch.

So now i ask you guys. The cars a/c was perfect before i took it into the shop. What do you guys think could be the issue?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:46 PM
vthao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, what you're describing isn't called an A/C switch. It's just a dash vent switch. An engine/tranny R&R has nothing to do with how this vent adjusts. Try pulling out your switch to see if it's on properly.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:06 PM
Chomorro

Originally Posted by vthao
First off, what you're describing isn't called an A/C switch. It's just a dash vent switch. An engine/tranny R&R has nothing to do with how this vent adjusts. Try pulling out your switch to see if it's on properly.
Yea thats what i thought but the switch worked perfectly before all the repairs, maybe its just a strange coincidence. Im going to pull off the cover this weekend and see if everything is working correctly. Also going to try a different Osiris rom and check to make sure this isnt the problem.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Chomorro

Ok i pulled out the dash, and the white ribbon is in properly, the switch is in properly, and i even flashed my car to a different osiris rom version and all the same results. Vent switch is still mis configured.

Think need a new switch?
Old 08-05-2009, 03:48 PM
maXmood
Under Boost!

u need to reset ur vents control. download the TSB (search the forum for this) and follow the instruction.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Chomorro

Originally Posted by maXmood
u need to reset ur vents control. download the TSB (search the forum for this) and follow the instruction.
I didnt know you could do that, i will search and figure it out thanks. Any particular forum or just all of them?
Old 08-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Chomorro

Ok so update, i turned on the car this morning and my vent switch works perfect but now my fan speed adjust **** is wacky. When its on off its going at full blast, and when i turn the a/c off it automatically comes back on after a minute or so. What is going on i cant turn off my a/c!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 12:29 PM
maXmood
Under Boost!

just take it to the dealer and let them deal with it. pay your headache-free fees and get done with it.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Chomorro

Originally Posted by maXmood
just take it to the dealer and let them deal with it. pay your headache-free fees and get done with it.
Yea i think your right. They charge 90 bucks just to figure out whats wrong with it though. Oh well maybe i will get lucky and get a nice tech who offers his 5 minutes of labor for free