Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Keyless bullsh*t !?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 07:40 PM
cheneymatthews

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Keyless bullsh*t !?

Fellas. I've searched all over and it doesn't seem like anyone has had it this bad.

So my keyless entry fob stopped working today. I replaced the battery.. still no dice. I reprogrammed it using the DIY, tried about 10times to no avail. For every attempt, I can get the hazards to flash after inserting the key 6 times, then I turn it to ACC, push a key on the fob.... wait for a resounding flash of the hazards and NOTHING ever happens?! So I grabbed my backup keyless fob, tried using it... NOTHING!!! Put in a new battery to the backup fob... NOTHING!! Tried reprogramming the backup fob... NOTHING!!! Perused the internet for the last 4 hours searching for someone else who has tried two separate fobs and a slurry of programming attempts without any result!!?!

Below is the tactic I used?! Is there a module, fuse, antennae, or something that could be refusing my fobs and reprogramming?!

PLEASE HELP ME?!

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.

2. Insert key in ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder a minimum of six times within 10 seconds. Your hazard lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. (Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time). If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push any button on the keyless remote. Your hazard lamps should flash. (Do not press the button more than one time in the above step). If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.

5. If there are any remaining remotes (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your hazard lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each keyless remote (including any existing keyless remotes).

6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:37 PM
island03z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd agree with what you said and try checking all your fuses first...could be something that simple
Old 08-22-2009, 05:59 AM
kyle22

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

1. Insert key into and remove it from ignition more than 6 times with in 10 seconds. (hazards will flash)

2. Insert key and turn to ACC position.

3. Push any button on remote once. Hazzards will flash.

4. Open and close door.

5. Done. Check operation of other buttons

try this it just worked for me and i just used my original key fob with a new battery

in your first step do not lock yourself in the car just open the door sit and close then follow the above steps.

i hope this helps.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:30 AM
cheneymatthews

thanks for the info Kyle, I'll try that technique of NOT actually locking the doors and hopefully it will work. ((fingers crossed))
Old 08-22-2009, 08:30 AM
kyle22

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

good luck man
Old 08-24-2009, 10:26 AM
cheneymatthews

So it worked for the last 2 days... then all of the sudden stopped again today?!

No clue... ordered a new fob... hopefully 1 of these 3 will eventually work. If it doesn't I'll take it in and update anyone who may have this problem in the future...
Old 08-26-2009, 07:13 PM
cheneymatthews

My new fob came in today.. programmed it like I did all the others and it worked like a dream.

So I in essence had two fobs where one had failed and the other was failing. If anyone has this issue, maybe also look into your flip-key mod. I think that my fob was failing because the flip-key housing is crap.. well, the one that I got.

Moral of the story. Have multiple fobs, if you did the flip-key mod make sure you get a good one.

c.