Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Cel + slip + vdc lights and no power and hard starting

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:39 PM
SilverTrack03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cel + slip + vdc lights and no power and hard starting

On my phone wont be able to get to a computer till morning. Just trying to get a head start fpr tomorrow.

Var died at a stop light and took forever to start then all the lights came on and no power at all. What are the common solutions? Oll get the code pulled in the morning just trying to get a head start.

Thanks

Last edited by SilverTrack03; 09-18-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:01 PM
SilverTrack03

Sorry for the messed up post was on my phone at my buddies house putting in an engine.

Anyway, I drove the car for about 30min and came to a stop light, the car died while at the stoplight, but started back up, after lots of cranks if fired and has the sevice engine light soon, VDC and slip lights on. The car is also a dog, drives fine at part throttle but at WOT it doesnt do anything. Im going ot have the code pulled in the moring hopefully its an easy fix, sensor or somthing. Any ideas for the people still up tonight? Cam position sensor, crank position sensor?
Old 09-19-2009, 05:27 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverTrack03
Cam position sensor, crank position sensor?
That's what it sounds like. Car is probably running is limp/safe mode.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:02 AM
SilverTrack03

Problem was CAS bank 1, 98 dollars after tax at dealer. 10min install, 10 min to do the damn clear code with gas peddle trick (i had to use a stopwatch to get it right) and it runs like it did before, still slow, just not as slow. lol
Old 09-23-2009, 01:46 AM
Kneeson350z

Im having the same problem...Can you tell me what they replaced not really good with this car...used to trucks...i feel like a dummy now but any help would be much appreciated...btw im missing my vdc fuse in the fuse box.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:03 PM
SilverTrack03

Originally Posted by Kneeson350z
Im having the same problem...Can you tell me what they replaced not really good with this car...used to trucks...i feel like a dummy now but any help would be much appreciated...btw im missing my vdc fuse in the fuse box.
DO you have VDC first off? button to turn it on and off under the steering wheel? If you do put the fuse back in.

2nd go to autozone have them pull the code, that will tell you what sensor is bad. Bank 1 is pass side of the car very easy to get to, (they are on the backside of the motor in the middle of the head) bank 2 is the driver side it is directly below the throttle body. Looks like more of a pain to get to. Part should be about 90 dollars from the dealer.

Here is the picture from the service manual.

Thats the best i can do, if you look from the passanger side of the car down behind the motor (closest to the car) you will see a sensor in the head only one really back there. Its kinda a pain to get out b/c it has an O-ring on it.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Kneeson350z

Originally Posted by SilverTrack03
DO you have VDC first off? button to turn it on and off under the steering wheel? If you do put the fuse back in.

2nd go to autozone have them pull the code, that will tell you what sensor is bad. Bank 1 is pass side of the car very easy to get to, (they are on the backside of the motor in the middle of the head) bank 2 is the driver side it is directly below the throttle body. Looks like more of a pain to get to. Part should be about 90 dollars from the dealer.

Here is the picture from the service manual.

Thats the best i can do, if you look from the passanger side of the car down behind the motor (closest to the car) you will see a sensor in the head only one really back there. Its kinda a pain to get out b/c it has an O-ring on it.

Took it to the dealership and its the throttle body...Any suggestions on a better one than stock??