Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Car wouldn't start

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 04:56 PM
DML85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wouldn't start

I think I read a few other posts on here about people having issues with their car not starting, but I wanted to start my own post and get feed back.

I garaged my car Friday/Saturday b/c I drove my wifes car to a wedding. I got back and today tried to start my car it wouldn't start. Battery read fine, no check engine lights....It would just crank and not start. I'm not a big car person so I can't say too much about it. I tried pushing the gas to see if it'd start.

I saw on here people with issues and having different keys that wouldn't allow it to start due to the killstart thing. I think i was using my wifes set of keys too, that we don't use very often...we just have them as spare.

But I locked the car and unlocked it and then cranked it, it took a few seconds which never usually happens but it started back up. Now there was a decent amount of smoke coming from the exhaust too, does that mean anything?

This is the first time this has ever happened btw, i've had it for over a year and no issues (knock on wood). My car is an 04 btw.

I'd just like some ideas on what to check so I can hopefully be proactive in case this could be leading to a bigger problem. I'll probably have to get my brother to help me but like I said just give me some suggestions on what to check.

Thanks
Old 10-11-2009, 05:00 PM
DML85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update:

it was actually my set of keys that i always use.

I also live in Kansas City, MO and it got cold here early this year. Would that affect it starting at all? Sitting cold for 2 days?