Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

My Z Won't Start!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 09:39 AM
E_Z_HOES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My Z Won't Start!!!!!!

Just to start you off... I have a "03" Track in 6 speed manual with about 6,000 miles on it and it's about 3 months old.

4 days ago when I woke up like every other weekday and started my Z all I heard was the starter and the engine cranking, for some reason it would not start. I checked all the fuses and relays and everything was perfect. I have my Z in the garage so I know nobody tampered with it. I had no choice to get it towed to the dealer. After 4 days later thay still don't know what is wrong with my Z. I donno what can possibly be wrong? Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be or experienced similar case? I am beginning to hate my car.... how can a car that's less than 3 months old have such problems??
Old 10-14-2003, 09:41 AM
spazpilot

Could be A ECU problem or maybe simple like the fuel pump went dead. Only thing you could have done was take it to the dealer. Sorry about the news
Old 10-14-2003, 06:22 PM
E_Z_HOES

Thank you for the info. I was down at the dealers today and they said that they still had no idea what was going on.... They told me that they are going to throw in a new ECU to see what happens and meanwhile I bugged them enough to get a rental car untill they find out what was going on. OMG... this is a nightmare.... If I wanted problems like this I would have gotten a AMERICAN..
Old 10-14-2003, 06:46 PM
FLY BY Z

If you had gotten an American you would not have had any problems.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:12 PM
spazpilot

Mr. Potato Head is right. It seems to me that the American car companies are building better cars this day and age, but due to the design of the 350z, I am willing to put up with these mishaps. I love my car only wish nissan would of spent a little more time on quality (hehe: Have you driven a ford lately)
Old 10-14-2003, 07:46 PM
350zdanny

you guys are sarcastic about the american car thing, right? my mom's mustang gt was delivered missing 2 interior trim parts.

I'm having problems starting my Z, but nothing like you are. Mine takes a few seconds to turn over on a cold start. It's nothing that bothers me too much, and the dealer doesn't seem to think it's a problem, so I will wait and see if it gets worse. Annoying? Yes. Annoying enough to give my car to the dealer for another day? Not a chance.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:33 PM
E_Z_HOES

Hopefully things work out for me. I need prayers.... for now I'm whipping a "03" Toyota corolla. Such a rust bucket... but the dealer gave it to me for free so ... better than walking.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Zig Zag

I had the same problem, it turned out to be the ECU.
It occured within one week of purchase, and it took them 9 days to diagnose and find an ECU. The ECU freaked out and fried a bunch of fuses too. That was bad because I was driving at the time. And, sometimes I even drive very fast. But that was a long time ago.

I swear to god for as long as I live, I will only purchase American cars, designed and built by Americans. I swear to god.

Nissan Forever!
Old 10-15-2003, 07:58 PM
E_Z_HOES

I found out waht the problem was. Like what ZIG ZAG said..... it was the ECU. THey gave me a call today and said that my ECU was fried and they were throwing in a new ECU. None of my fuses or relay switches were harmed. I'm jsut happy I'm going to get my sweet heart back tomorrow. Thank you everybody for trying to help me out.....
As far as American cars..... it's going to be a while untill American company's make cars that could compete in every class with the imports so those of you who are think headed... wake the hell up and smell the coffee.....