Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Suspension squeeking/clicking sound fix

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 06:11 PM
Phat Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension squeeking/clicking sound fix

My suspension had been squeeking and clicking for about six months. The noise was getting worse and I did not want to drive my car with the windows down because it was driving me crazy. Those of you that have this problem can relate!!!

The sound was coming from under the car and towards the rear of the car. My Nissan mechanic drove the car with me and immediately felt it was the rear axle. I had the rear axle replaced today and the annoying squeeking/clicking noise is completely gone.

I drove home today with the windows my windows down and it was a pleasure to just hear the exhaust.

Good luck to all of you with the same problem!
Old 10-21-2003, 06:37 PM
Lokeey

So was he sure it was the rear axle cause my dealer cant find the problem and my Z has been doing it for at least 9 months. I have taken it in on two occasions now and left when they thought they fixed it but it has not
Old 10-21-2003, 06:50 PM
Phat Z

Get the rear axle replaced.
Old 10-23-2003, 06:40 PM
alex30327

What was wrong with your rear axle?
Old 10-26-2003, 04:32 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They just tightened the axle nuts on mine. Noise never came back. Also got the drivetrain bolt tightened. Got your axle replaced?! The dealer knew exactly where the clicking was coming from.
Old 10-26-2003, 08:30 PM
CottonWoodz

Takeing mine in Friday, for that problem..
Old 10-30-2003, 08:58 AM
kbsig106

Default Clicking rom right rear

I noticed last night while driving with the windows down, the radio off and the AC off - a clicking sound from the right rear. The sound seems to start when the car starts to move forward and then goes away untill I slow back down. Also when I go into reverse and turn the wheel, I hear a loud "POP" coming from the front end. Just a single pop but quite loud.

I'm going in for new front tires tomorrow morning (Warranty/ feathered as ususal) and I'm going to take the service rep for a ride...

This is my 6th time to the dealership with various problems and I still have two more visits to go (Bose amp). This is starting to get on my nerves.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:37 AM
CottonWoodz

The car is at the dealer. When I took it there, I went for a ride with the service guy. The goddamn car never made the nosie when I was with him But he said he would look into some database, and see if other people where complaining about the clicking noise from the rear axel, and take a look at it. Then I told him about the road noise from the front tires, he said that nissan was already aware of that, and a frontend alignment was needed. Also looking at the Bose amp, for replacement.
Also told him if all 350Z's trannys sounded like cement mixers when in neutral. He told me that the dealership already sent 2 of their mechanics to schooling on the Z's trannys, and they will have a look at it.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:28 AM
CottonWoodz

Dealership called. Aligned the frontend to new specs, ordered 2 new front tires, and Amp.. Couldnt find the clicking nosie in rear end..
Old 11-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Boomer

Default Re: Suspension squeeking/clicking sound fix

Originally posted by Phat Z
My suspension had been squeeking and clicking for about six months. The noise was getting worse and I did not want to drive my car with the windows down because it was driving me crazy. Those of you that have this problem can relate!!!

The sound was coming from under the car and towards the rear of the car. My Nissan mechanic drove the car with me and immediately felt it was the rear axle. I had the rear axle replaced today and the annoying squeeking/clicking noise is completely gone.

I drove home today with the windows my windows down and it was a pleasure to just hear the exhaust.

Good luck to all of you with the same problem!
I just noticed a very loud squeak from the rear when I opened my driver door to get out. I sat back down and pushed backward with my foot. The squeak is VERY LOUD! I'm waiting for my backordered Bose Amp and I wanted both done together, but what was a small squeak before has really escalated. I think I may need to get my car in ASAP. Any thoughts/advice, yes or no?