Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

clutch PEDAL "POP" when releasing

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I applied the grease all around the pedal spring but still get dat pop occasionally. Happens when I hold the clutch down long then let it off.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:29 PM
HK350 Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The noise has returned,no other issues...comes and goes...I didnt put a lot of grease on there and I think I am going to wait till the weekend to get back in there...
Old 08-03-2013, 08:30 PM
island03z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

replaced the clutch on my 04 z after 110K miles of flawless operation(until the clutch pad wore out). Replaced the clutch fluid, bled the system. Stupidly, I thought I had a problem (which later realized it was normal) and I adjusted the clutch pedal to master cylinder pushrod. Now I'm getting this POP intermittently like once or twice a day. Sounds to me like it's coming from behind the firewall almost like it was inside the master cylinder. I've had an instance where I was feathering the clutch turning a slow corner and the pop was accompanied by the car jerking forward and it also felt like what I can only describe as a spring somewhere in there reseating itself. Keeps doing it though.

Thinking maybe I damaged the Master cylinder when I messed with the pushrod the first time. Anyone have any luck with this? I'd hate to have to replace the master cylinder for something like this when the car is still driveable (although really annoying)
Old 12-02-2013, 10:44 PM
island03z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rebuilt the master cylinder and I'm STILL getting this!! It's so annoying to be driving in stop and go traffic and all of a sudden while feathering the clutch I will hear a POP from what I assume is the master cylinder and the car will lurch forward a bit (not to mention unsafe). Anyone have any ideas?
Old 07-31-2014, 01:48 PM
tonymile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass_Epp
I have had my z for about 5 months now, just hit 6000 miles. Recently started noticing that once in a while when I am RELEASING my pedal it makes a really annoying "pop" noise. Anyone have any idea why it does this and how to make it stop. It's realllly annoying.
People its not the clutch

have a 06 MT same issue, 57000 KM's (does it only once in while and never just depressing/releasing clutch pedal on its own)

Its the shifter boot leather (ette?) clicking as you depress the clutch and shift down and release the boot creases and then clicks/pops whatever

If you haven't noticed Nissan is went soooo cheap with its interior components