Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Help: ABS Pump keeps running after i shut off car

Old 04-08-2010, 02:16 PM
halfrice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: ABS Pump keeps running after i shut off car

Tried posting this in suspension not getting much feedback. Only does this when i turn off the car, pump will continue to run sounds like a vibrating noise, and only does this some times, if it turns on after i turn off my car it will keep running, if it doesnt turn on when i turn off my car its fine. Right now battery is disconnected to make sure i dont burn out the pump. I did use some old brake fluid to get my car home from track day, would it be possible that there is air in the line? or does anyone know where the abs pump ground is, might be a loose ground. If i can think of anything else will post it up, thanks
Old 04-14-2010, 06:43 PM
mberthia

I had the same problem a few years ago after a track weekend. I had chewed up the rotors pretty bad and it caused this issue. I did the same, disconnected the battery. I then talked to the dealer. They said that their diagnostic manual indicated to make sure the rotors/pads were in good condition as the first step. I changed the rotors or turned them and placed new pads and it fixed the problem. I have to reiterate that my rotors were scored in a major way because of pad fade. Somehow one side must have been locking up sooner than the other under normal braking and the ABS system read a fault. I also had the ABS/SLIP/TC lights on. I don't have VDC.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:29 AM
halfrice

already changed the pads and flushed the system 3 times, it happens less often now but i do know my rotors are pretty heat soaked, might need new rotors then. But none of my lights ever came on.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:26 PM
hydeciel

Just to add some more information.
I am having the same issue after a track day. It is probably my rotors and pads. The rotors are in horrid condition after 1 1/2 seasons of track days. I put on some very agreesive track pads, Hawk Blues, the light came on after my second track day with them. I will report back with my findings once I replace everything.