Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Clutch Pedal, Snap Creek Screech Pop

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:58 AM
F34RL355
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal, Snap Creek Screech Pop

Snap Crackle Pop my clutch pedal does this! as i release the clutch when the clutch pedal is almost fully released it creaks pops etc. i have had the pedal replaced 3 times by the delear and the problem keeps comming back.

anyone ever had this happen to them? anyone know what might be causing this? lubing it all up greasing etc does not do anything, nissan ends up replacing the whole pedal assembly only for it to come back sooner then later
Old 11-08-2012, 11:37 AM
ronn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by F34RL355
Snap Crackle Pop my clutch pedal does this! as i release the clutch when the clutch pedal is almost fully released it creaks pops etc. i have had the pedal replaced 3 times by the delear and the problem keeps comming back.

anyone ever had this happen to them? anyone know what might be causing this? lubing it all up greasing etc does not do anything, nissan ends up replacing the whole pedal assembly only for it to come back sooner then later
Spray *Liquid Wrench* white lithium grease on the entire pedal mechanism..the area shown below:

I had the same thing...this stuff works wonders.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:09 AM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

This will solve the problem perminantly and give you all the other benfits too.
It completely eliminates the snap over center spring assembly from the pedal which is the root cause of your snap crackel pop problems.

Have a look: https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...l-bracket.html

If your interested shoot me an email or PM to get Canadian pricing. I'm just south of London
Old 11-10-2012, 08:07 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If they keep lubing the pedal assembly and it doesn't help then there are 2 things that could be happening.

First, the plastic bushings could be damaged so lube will quiet it for a little while but since they are damaged it won't fix anything.

Second, it could be the pivot ball or clutch arm inside the bell housing. If it has a funny wear pattern or damage it would catch when returning.

If you need a new clutch pedal just get the RJM pedal since it makes the clutch 10x better.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:37 PM
F34RL355
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
If they keep lubing the pedal assembly and it doesn't help then there are 2 things that could be happening.

First, the plastic bushings could be damaged so lube will quiet it for a little while but since they are damaged it won't fix anything.

Second, it could be the pivot ball or clutch arm inside the bell housing. If it has a funny wear pattern or damage it would catch when returning.

If you need a new clutch pedal just get the RJM pedal since it makes the clutch 10x better.
hey guys thanks for the input, i have greased it idoesnt help, the pivot ball or clutch arm inside the housing hmmm how do they check for this? this is gonna be covered under warranty im on my 3rd pedal so i really dont think its the pedal that causes this :/
Old 11-15-2012, 01:02 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I would think the clutch arm and pedal are a wear item since it's just a matter of movement that wears it out.

They would have to pull the transmission to get the clutch arm out.