Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

I think I really fugged up!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 06:17 AM
macjac69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I really fugged up!!

Ok I was wiring in some interior accent lighting and I think I had the two way switch wired wrong, anyways when I applied power something went wrong. The lights I wired in came on for a few seconds then went off, I didn't hear a pop or any other noticeable sound.

Afterwards my power windows and A/C won't work when power is applied, some of the guages are inop also.The big kicker is that the car won't start now either, the starter will turn over but I get no spark. I spliced into a wire that was under the dash that powers the NO2 in the car (didn't know that until I started troubleshooting) the wire was taped into a 12v+ at the driver kick panel fusebox. Before I did this everything worked perfectly.

I pulled every fuse no blown fuses, as far as the relays, or breakers I don't know where to begin, I didn't find any fusible links that were blown either. I checked the lighting I was installing by just applying it directly to the battery and it still works. The car is an 03 touring ed. I think.

Last edited by macjac69; 04-15-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:34 AM
RandyK1

Did you check the fuse box in back of the battery?
Old 04-15-2010, 06:40 AM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you not unhook the battery cable before messing with your cars wiring.

Originally Posted by macjac69
Ok I was wiring in some interior accent lighting and I think I had the two way switch wired wrong, anyways when I applied power something went wrong. The lights I wired in came on for a few seconds then went off, I didn't hear a pop or any other noticeable sound.

Afterwards my power windows and A/C won't work when power is applied, some of the guages are inop also.The big kicker is that the car won't start now either, the starter will turn over but I get no spark. I spliced into a wire that was under the dash that powers the NO2 in the car (didn't know that until I started troubleshooting) the wire was taped into a 12v+ at the driver kick panel fusebox. Before I did this everything worked perfectly.

I pulled every fuse no blown fuses, as far as the relays, or breakers I don't know where to begin, I didn't find any fusible links that were blown either. I checked the lighting I was installing by just applying it directly to the battery and it still works. The car is an 03 touring ed. I think.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 AM
macjac69

Checked fusebox behind battery, yes I disconnected neg. cable while working. I guess one ? is are there any more locations for fuses/relays other than the two under the hood and the driver kick panel?

Last edited by macjac69; 04-15-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:51 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

When ill informed DIY goes wrong...
Old 04-15-2010, 07:50 AM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ur gonna have to check ur relays id say..does the car have power?
Old 04-15-2010, 08:42 AM
macjac69

Yep the car has power and the starter turns over fine it just won't fire off. It's something small I think it's just that I don't know the Nissan platform like I know my Supra so isolating it will be a pain in the butt.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:26 AM
macjac69

Problem was a fuse, overlooked it when troubleshooting, I was very tired when I got to that point. Came back a couple days later and tried it again after some rest.