Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Traded my Black Track - F*** Nissan.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 11:43 AM
350z03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traded my Black Track - F*** Nissan.

Never again, will I buy another Nissan. That was my first and it will be my last.

I lost a lot of money but will not allow them to earn one more of my cent through interest on my payments.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Conceyted

Default Re: Traded my Black Track - F*** Nissan.

Originally posted by 350z03
Never again, will I buy another Nissan. That was my first and it will be my last.

I lost a lot of money but will not allow them to earn one more of my cent through interest on my payments.
Thanks for letting us know.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:07 PM
bixby

Your loss.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:52 PM
noel48

I have owned 9 Nissans and 1 Infiniti during the past 12 years and have loved them all.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:34 PM
woogemooge

i feel for you, 350z03.
i, too, will never buy another nissan (except for the GTR ) but i won't take the big financial loss and trade it in either. i'm gonna fight for what i paid for.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:25 AM
LBSOHK

Default Re: Traded my Black Track - F*** Nissan.

Originally posted by 350z03

please reconsider pleaseeee
Old 11-15-2003, 12:48 PM
305z

im with you 350z03,
sold my POS Z, and I'm glad I did. I took a loss, but its better than having to drop it off at the dealership, and having everyone at work asking "what happened to the Z????" I hated the whole experience, and I hope that Nissan will pay for what they have done to most Z owners.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:45 AM
bixby

Question Most Z Owners??

Originally posted by 305z
im with you 350z03,
sold my POS Z, and I'm glad I did. I took a loss, but its better than having to drop it off at the dealership, and having everyone at work asking "what happened to the Z????" I hated the whole experience, and I hope that Nissan will pay for what they have done to most Z owners.
You're off the chart man. Most Z owners are extremely happy with their cars. What reaqlly b ugs me is people who post these types of threads on this forum. GO AWAY!!
Old 11-16-2003, 10:20 AM
themyst

Actually, I was one of the biggest Z-car fans since before it was released, during its release, but Nissan did drop the ball on the pre-orders. A lot of them were on the brink of being lemons. Evidently, a lot of the later production runs do not have many problems (except for minor fit and finish issues) but they refused to take care of the pre-order Z owners, who seem to be having the majority of the problems. (Vin #1-1500) Unfortunately, I will be the next in line to trade in the Z for something else... namely a service center that won't call me a "young speed racer" or accuse me of beating the **** out of a 32k vehicle that i am FINANCING. Nor will I have to deal with dealerships that refuse to acknowledge a problem, and fix it only when it breaks. The way I see it, i may take an 8k loss on the car, but i'd probably spend that much fixing it when things go bad anyway. I spent a lot of money on my Z because I did love the car, even with its flaws, but enough is enough. Infiniti may be Nissan, but at least they have a different business structure than Nissan actually does. I'm not ranting about how i hate the Z, because if I didn't actually receive a dud, I'd probably be loving it just as everyone else. Arbitration didn't work, dealers refused to work with me, and missing work by hauling my car to the service center (Nissan don't do loaners unless i ***** at NNA for a few hours) at 8am and then taking a bus/train/cab (yes, all of them) put a drain on my work production.

Last edited by themyst; 11-16-2003 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-16-2003, 12:48 PM
305z

bixby,
most Z owners are having problems with their Z's. If you think I am wrong then you need a reality check. I can confirm my statement is true just by reading this forum and talking to my local nissan service department. So I dont see why you have to get all bent out of shape, when all I'm saying is the truth.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:13 PM
LBSOHK

who has problem with their Z ???
Old 11-16-2003, 03:52 PM
bixby

Originally posted by 305z
bixby,
most Z owners are having problems with their Z's. If you think I am wrong then you need a reality check. I can confirm my statement is true just by reading this forum and talking to my local nissan service department. So I dont see why you have to get all bent out of shape, when all I'm saying is the truth.
Gee....Window grease.HUGE PROBLEM, HUGE! It's a first year car. HERE IS THE REALITY....DUDE. I'm pretty confident I'll put as many miles on my 350 as I have on my 87 (see sig). Personally, I've yet to see ANY car of any make with as many miles. If you find one... I'm talking ORIGINAL MILES....Then I'll reconsider my stance on Nissan quality.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:54 PM
themyst

bixby - i hope you have better luck with your Z than a lot of us did with ours.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:54 AM
bixby

Thank you! I'm sorry if I get a little bent out of shape. Maybe I'm a little to passionate about Nissan & the Z cars. I just don't thing the issues with the 1st year 350 out weigh the over all quality of the car & it's potential. I do agree that some have had more issues than others & a select few have had more than their fair share of problems. I, unlike others have the luxury of having way to many cars so it's not a huge issue for me if I have to take the 350 in for warranty or TSB work. Good luck with what ever car you go with. I think you'll find that the 2005 or 2006 350 models will be very strong & extremely reliable cars so maybe you'll end up with another Z after all.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:16 AM
themyst

bixby - by then something new and better will be coming out.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:27 AM
bixby

Default NO WAY!

Originally posted by themyst
bixby - by then something new and better will be coming out.
Don't get me started.......AGAIN!
Old 11-17-2003, 08:45 AM
frankmusic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up I'm with you!

If you have a complaint about your car that you feel others who currently own Zs should hear so they can benefit from being more diligent - that's one thing. However, ranting on about how you will never buy another Nissan, ...uh, I think you might want to take your total dissatisfaction with your car to right place. Nissan.

Other than that, bixby is correct when he recommends....... "Go Away."

'03 350Z - Silverstone - Touring - 6spd MT
Build Date: 05/03
Side Air Bag Curtains
JDM Footwell Lights
Chrome Front Grille
Nissan OEM Aero Package
350Z Grounding Kit
NISMO Oil Filler & Radiator Caps
Aluminum Billet Dip Stick
Colgan Side Mirror Bras
Colgan 2 Piece Nose Bra (necessary)*
LED Amber Sidemarkers
LED Amber "Z" Fender Emblems
Courtesy Parts "Z" Wheel Locks
Courtesy Parts "Z" Valve Stem Caps
350Z Rear License Plate Frame
JDM Altezza Antenna - "Shorty"
Front Zee-Bracket License Plate Holder
Bose Stereo with 28060-CE400 Amp!!!
Old 11-17-2003, 03:51 PM
350z03

Default Re: I'm with you!

Originally posted by frankmusic
If you have a complaint about your car that you feel others who currently own Zs should hear so they can benefit from being more diligent - that's one thing. However, ranting on about how you will never buy another Nissan, ...uh, I think you might want to take your total dissatisfaction with your car to right place. Nissan.

Other than that, bixby is correct when he recommends....... "Go Away."

I am glad you are happy with your car. My reason for posting the thread is for the consideration of possible future Z owners. I would like for them to have another view of what it may be like to own a Z. From your sig, it doesn't seem like you've owned your Z for too long. I don't know how many miles you have right now, but give yourself a few more. If you still don't have any problems, I congratulate you.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:41 PM
jomaxum

Every car has problems. I think though that many of the Z tranny issues are mostly with the manual trans not the auto trans. I also think too many of these manual tranny owners think they are "Formula One drivers" or have watched "Fast and Furious" too many times and are most likely abusing the car. Just because you drive a sports car doesn't mean you are a professional driver.

Some issues are most certainly the fault of Nissan. Window streaking, tire feathering, horrible Bose sound system seem to be the most common complaints. I have the window streaks, I can live with that, hope to get Bose issue resolved (will know for sure later this week) and after 2,220 miles no sign of feathering. I have owned the car since May of 03. Hopefully Nissan is commited to this car and will "fix" these issues. If they do, they could produce the next "Corvette" and build the reputation of the car for scores of years to come.

The car is so cool just to look at. Even I stare at a Z on the road and I own one. I also personally know that they are aware of our concerns and are working to make us happy. We all win if that happens!!!!!!!!! Don't sell your Z guys.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:54 PM
themyst

jomaxum - then why is it that everyone who has a tranny issue.. is grinding the exact same gear? It is clearly a defect, not abuse. I had the problem once, and I spend 80% of my time in 6th gear on the highway. Don't be so quick to assume. I've had the Z for a high number of miles (22k) so I have a better grasp of how the car will do over the long haul than lets say, some guy with 4-6k miles. The problems that I speak of are inherent more so with the earlier pre-order Z's, not as frequent with the later 03 and 04 builds... Although I did hear a few isolated incidents of uneven tire wear on the 04s.. Most likely needs that Lower control arm TSB implemented.

Quick Reply: Traded my Black Track - F*** Nissan.